Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TES V: idea …Opinions needed o.0

Nubbs

ya so i havent been on the forums for a while.. came back hoping to see EE 3.0 but no love .. anyways thats not the topic, ive been wondering how many people would like to see The Elder Scrolls come to the Eclipse engine.. ive been dreaming up alot of stuff lately especially since ive reinstalled morrowind on my pc (part of the reason i havent been on the forum) i dont care about copyrights since this would be a fan-based project… im not doing this to make money nor would i offer payment(s) for work done towards the project...i can do a little bit of everything regarding eclipse including spriting, paper doll, mapping, tile making, scripting basically everything except source edit (which i havent attempted yet) ideas/goals i have so far are

- implement all skills from TES 3 (if possible) and maybe tweak a few to be more in-depth

- all races from the TES realm
nords
bretons
khajiits
Argonians
imperials
wood elves
high elves
dark elves
redguards
orcs

- map out tamriel and morrowind

- create a lore friendly environment

- include all factions from TES 3 (including expansions)

- good "mature" storyline ("mature" as in not a kiddie story)

im a big fan of the elder scrolls series though most of my knowledge and experience coming from my favorite game in the series "morrowind" with over 400+ hours of in game time(seriously)when i got my first xbox(with the fatty controller) i bought TES morrowind and played it 3 days straight with no sleep ... i just want to know if im the only one who has thought that this would be a good idea i figured i would check here to see if anyone was interested i was even thinking about asking around at planetelderscrolls to see if anyone there would be interested as well (it might bring some new people to Eclipse) anyways let me know what you think....argonian shuffle huh>?

Well, i dunno. with E3.0 it would be cool to have a kind of "mini TES" game… but i dunno... seeing as how it wouldnt be as good as an actual TES and all that, you would have to call it something else, but then link it to TES and all that... But, if this can be turned into something great and wonderful, then I am sooo in. I wouldnt be able to devote 100% of my time to it, cuz i got my own massive game being made, but id love to help out.

Urimas Ebonheart (sp?) originally planned to make an Elder Scrolls based game with Eclipse. I think he decided to drop it after some time, but he did make some nice equipment sprites (icons, not paperdoll though). It's possible to emulate the game's skill system with scripting in 2.7, I think the main thing is you'd need custom graphics, and the mapping would be quite a project.