Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New classes

coolguy007

hello everyone….Please reply to my questions....
1\. How do i create more classess, i have a few sprites ready?
2\. how do i place shops on my map ??
3\. If i want my spell to animate, i mean go from me to other person how do i do that.....if am not clear, i mean to say like an arrow....suppose like a fireball spell, i want it to go from me to my target, how do i do so ??
4\. I created some weapons through items but when i equip them and use them to attack it just attacks and nothing is shown.....how do i create animated weapons ??

Thanks to everyone who replies in advance !!  :azn:

@coolguy007:

> 1\. How do i create more classess, i have a few sprites ready?

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=38007.0
@coolguy007:

> 2\. how do i place shops on my map ??

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=39932.0 (but rather than using "Shopkeeper", just use a "Shop" tile attribute in the Map Editor)
@coolguy007:

> 3\. If i want my spell to animate, i mean go from me to other person how do i do that…..if am not clear, i mean to say like an arrow....suppose like a fireball spell, i want it to go from me to my target, how do i do so ??

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=35680.0 (the one called "Homing FireWall" is the one you'll want).
@coolguy007:

> 4\. I created some weapons through items but when i equip them and use them to attack it just attacks and nothing is shown…..how do i create animated weapons ??

The 3rd frame in the Sprite Sheet, and the paperdoll sheet, are the attack frame.  Edit that frame as you wish.

I hope this helped :)

@coolguy007:

> Thanks a lot….can u please explain 4th in detail...
> Thanks

Okay.
When you look at your Sprites.bmp, you'll see your character's sprites in sets of three.  Three facing up, three facing down, left, right.

The first two, is for walking; it will cycle between the two walking animations.
The third, is the frame that shows when the character attacks.

Same for, if you open the Items.bmp, and scroll down to where the paperdoll begins, you'll see those items in sets of three, and the third, is what the item will look like on the character when you attack.

the instructions are literally in the script. just do as they say.
the second script there needs to be put in you main.txt which is in your server folder.  be sure to place it in the proper Sub tho.

id you want a greater understanding of scripting then i recomend that you check out the tutorials section.  it will hopefully help you to understand better.