Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A package of not working scripts…

arvo95

Well, Here we go again:These both cases are not working```
Case 3
Call PutVar("FLAGS.ini", "Appear", GetPlayerName(index) & "Flag1", &GetPlayerSprite(index)&)
Exit Sub
Case 4
If GetVar("FLAGS.ini", "Appear", GetPlayerName(index) & "Flag1",1) Then
Call SetPlayerSprite(index, 1)
ElseIf GetVar("FLAGS.ini", "Appear", GetPlayerName(index) & "Flag1",2) Then
Call SetPlayerSprite(index, 2)
End Select
End Sub
```
This is not working too…```
  Case "/quests"
      If GetVar("FLAGS.ini", "QUESTS", GetPlayerName(index) & "Flag1") = 0 Then
        Call CustomMenuShow(index, "Quests", "\GUI\CUSTOM\test.bmp", 1)
          Call CustomMenuLabel(index, "First steps: Character: Scared man, Place: Near the castle of Burgh!", 50, 50, 25, 4, 2, 400, 20) 
Else
  Call CustomMenuLabel(index, "First steps: Congratz, Quest is already completed!", 50, 50, 25, 2, 2, 400, 20)
      End If
Exit Sub
Case Else
```
These both Cases aren't working:```

Select Case Menu_Type
Case 1
                                                        If menu_title = "Warning!" Then
                                                        If Clicked_Index = 0 Then
                                                        Call PlayerWarp(Index, 1, 10, 10)
Call BattleMsg(Index, "Welcome to the arena! Pwn0rz everything that moves!", BRIGHTGREEN, 0)
Call CustomMenuClose(Index)
                                                          End If
                                                          End If
Case 2

Case 3
                                  If menu_title = "Miller" Then
                      If Clicked_Index = 2 Then
                                    Call CustomMenuLabel(index, 4," Get out!", 50, 50, 10, 2, 2, 400, 20)
                                    End If
                                  End If
End Select
End Sub
```
Ok, this is all for now. It looks like i am a shitty scripter, but i am only a noob in it, so please help me with it…  :renzo:  :icon_beer:  :icon_crap:

I might be totally wrong on all of this, as I'm not a very good scripter either, but lemme see what I can do:

In the first part, it looks like you exited the sub right after Case 3….

In the second section, I'm not really sure what's wrong.

In the third section, there's nothing in Case 2.  That might not mean anything, but I think it would screw the script up a bit...

Hope I helped a bit...

Hmm… Maybe you are right about the first one, i am not sure about which one does stop the case End sub or Exit sub, but about third one you aren't right, because it is menu type Selection, if it was  a regular case, then you would be right, but thanks anyway  ;)

The first one:
Line 2, your putvar is messed up.
It should be:
Call PutVar("FLAGS.ini", "Appear", "" & GetPlayerName(index) & "Flag1", "" & GetPlayerSprite(index) & "") 
Line 5 is completly messed up, and I'm not sure what you're trying to do… Are you trying to see if the value of GetVar is 1?
If so, it would need to be:
If GetVar("FLAGS.ini", "Appear", "" & GetPlayerName(index) & "Flag1") = "1" Then
Line 7 (assuming you're trying to get the number 2), should be:
ElseIf GetVar("FLAGS.ini", "Appear", "" & GetPlayerName(index) & "Flag1") = "2" Then
Also for Case 4, you are missing an End If

Second one, I'm no good with Custom Menus, but on Line 2…
You have a If GetVar = 0?
Unless you manually go in there and change that value of the ini to 0, it will never be 0 (unless you use a putvar to make it 0 later in the script)... Either way, it should be:
If GetVar("FLAGS.ini", "QUESTS", "" & GetPlayerName(index) & "Flag1") = "0" Then
(because it's going to return a string (notice the quotes around "0"), you're trying to have it compare to a number.

I haven't checked the custom menus

@arvo95:

> Hmm… Maybe you are right about the first one, i am not sure about which one does stop the case End sub or Exit sub, but about third one you aren't right, because it is menu type Selection, if it was  a regular case, then you would be right, but thanks anyway  ;)

You can use "Exit Sub" as many times in a sub as you want; it's End Sub you can only use once.

Big thanks, Admiral, but it didn't help… And about the second... I have a PutVar for it... and it look like this:```
Call PutVar("FLAGS.ini", "QUESTS", GetPlayerName(index) & "Flag1", 0)
```And it is wrong…

@arvo95:

> Big thanks, Admiral, but it didn't help… And about the second... I have a PutVar for it... and it look like this:```
> Call PutVar("FLAGS.ini", "QUESTS", GetPlayerName(index) & "Flag1", 0)
> ```And it is wrong…

That PutVar should be:
Call PutVar("FLAGS.ini", "QUESTS", "" & GetPlayerName(index) & "Flag1", 0)

Also, as far as it's not working, all of them are still not working?

```
Case 3
Call PutVar("FLAGS.ini", "Appear", GetPlayerName(index) & "Flag1", &GetPlayerSprite(index)&) 
Exit Sub

```You did this correctly, for the most part, but you only need 1 & "" with command only variables
```
Call PutVar("FLAGS.ini", "Appear", GetPlayerName(index) & "Flag1", GetPlayerSprite(index) & "")

``````
Case 4
Call SetPlayerSprite(index, 1)
ElseIf GetVar("FLAGS.ini", "Appear", GetPlayerName(index) & "Flag1",2) Then
Call SetPlayerSprite(index, 2)
End Select
End Sub
```GetVar only has 3 variables, not 4 as you're trying to do here..
```
If GetVar("FLAGS.ini", "Appear", GetPlayerName(index) & "Flag1") = "1" Then

```And when altering a player's data(HP, MP, STR, etc.) it's usually a good idea to use
```
Call SendPlayerData(Index)
```or one of the other send data commands their are.
As Admiral has also said, you're missing an "End If"
```
  Case "/quests"
      If GetVar("FLAGS.ini", "QUESTS", GetPlayerName(index) & "Flag1") = 0 Then
          Call CustomMenuLabel(index, "First steps: Character: Scared man, Place: Near the castle of Burgh!", 50, 50, 25, 4, 2, 400, 20)

```Admiral is right about needing quotes around the 0, unless you're using Int(GetVar()) it will always return as a string.
You're also not calling CustomMenuLabel() correctly
```
CustomMenuLabel( player_index, picture_index, caption, left, top, customsize, customcolour, alignment, width, height)
``````
Else
  Call CustomMenuLabel(index, "First steps: Congratz, Quest is already completed!", 50, 50, 25, 2, 2, 400, 20)
      End If 
Exit Sub
Case Else
```Again, you're not calling custommenulabel() correctly

```
  Select Case Menu_Type
      Case 1
                                                        If menu_title = "Warning!" Then
                                                        If Clicked_Index = 0 Then
                                                        Call PlayerWarp(Index, 1, 10, 10)
        Call BattleMsg(Index, "Welcome to the arena! Pwn0rz everything that moves!", BRIGHTGREEN, 0)
        Call CustomMenuClose(Index)
                                                          End If
                                                          End If
      Case 2

Case 3
                                  If menu_title = "Miller" Then
                      If Clicked_Index = 2 Then
                                    Call CustomMenuLabel(index, 4," Get out!", 50, 50, 10, 2, 2, 400, 20)
                                    End If
                                  End If
End Select
End Sub
```without seeing the code you're using to show these custom menues, can't really help you…

SIDE NOTE: Check for syntax errors anywhere else in your main, and try testing your subs, by re-arranging them slightly, since broken subs mess up all subs below it(In most Eclipse versions)

[edit]Before i forget, when using the CustomMenuLabel/CustomMenuPicture/CustomMenuTextBox you CAN'T skip Index numbers(Picture_index/CustomIndex). If you do, you will get some RTE 340 or 339 errors(i forget which).[/edit]