Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Overload of quesitons

SPIKEYBOI

Hey i've been coming across some things that i need some help with. Heres a few i thought were the most important.

-How can i make it where when someone uses a key on a door, the door actually looks like it opens?

-How can i make it where when someone buys a house, it shows their name in the houses name? ( Ex. SPIKEYBOI's house )

-I'm afraid to host the game myself, seeing as that i'd have to keep it on 24/7 and only a few chances to shut it down for maintenence. Is there a good software or hoster that i can use that will host 24/7 and still allow me to adjust the game?

-When some monsters/enemies get to the edge of a map, they seem to split in 2 pieces. 1 is visible, the other isnt. This provides a weird problem that needs attention.

-Sometimes when i play and a monster/enemy drops an item, i try to pick it up only to realize that it shows it, but doesn't really exsist there. ( I checked this by going to another map then coming back. )

-I'm no pro at making scripts, so when i want to make some quests for the players im lost and need help. Is there a software i can download that is a good basic quest maker or a tutorial on how to make them?

-In-game i've barely managed to script out where you can kill a person ( say the king of the land ) and an event happens. ( Say guards in the map area attack you. ) But this is not a good script and was wondering is there a good tutorial for making events in-game?

-When a player buys a house, they seem to have the same rights as a person who doesnt buy a house. Whats the point of wasting money on a house when you can do whatever you needed to do without actually buying the house? ( Say sleep on a bed, or buy furniture for it. ) I was wondering, how do i make it where a player that doesnt own the house cant use certain things, and other player that does own it can?

-How can i make it where an NPC can move from 1 map to the other? Like a zombie move from map1 going left to map2? Cause it feels like the maps are somewhat seperate. If you manage to keep 1 area completly enemy free, then go just to the next map and thers like 10 more, it feels disconnected and more like you just teleported to another area.

-This question has bugged me a lot, how do i make a spell that teleports you to a certain area? ( My friend told me they have that on Runescape, and the idea doenst seem that bad when it comes down to it. )

If someone can answer some or all of these questions, that would help me to the point of eternal thanks! :cheesy: