Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Command for making new varibles on the Character_info

*Zeropan*

You mean like, a global variable, where later another script can check to see if Quest=0 or 1?

Because you could just have a scripted tile, and use putvar e.g.
Call PutVar("Quests.ini", GetPlayerName(Index) & "", "Quest", "0")
Then later, you can check it like:
If GetVar("Quests.ini", GetPlayerName(Index) & "", "Quest") = "0" Then

Though, it is possible to hold it as a global varialbe (such as set Quest=0, then later have "If Quest = 0 Then", but it's not a good method to use; the ini way is much better).

-what about command for making a new .ini file(ex. quest.ini) under accounts>CharacterName folder.

- and also doing this command Call PutVar("Quests.ini", GetPlayerName(Index) & "", "Quest", "0") will atomataically find the folder where Quest.ini is stored. I mean like you don't have to tell the engine where to find Quest.in is stored?, if so may i know that command?

@*Zeropan*:

> oh oops Sorry let me clarify my question again.What i want to do is make a new variable on the Playername.ini under accounts. Like whoever stepped on that certain tile it will make a new varible on his/her account.

ya it will automatically create the variable if its not already inside the ini file

Sry this is what you need. :P

```
Call PutVar("Accounts\" & GetPlayerLogin(Index) & "_Info.ini", "Header", "Variable", "Value")
```
ok thats what you need just replace the Header, Variable, and Value.

P.S. It would be better to make a new .ini because this will effect all of their characters.

If youd rather have it effect the one character try the following…

```
Call PutVar("Accounts\" $ GetPlayerLogin(Index) & "_" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "Header", "Variable", "Value")
```
This will make a new .ini in the account folder called PlayerLogin_PlayerName.ini
Replace the Header, Variable, and Value Like Normal.

@durama:

> Sry this is what you need. :P
>
> ```
> Call PutVar("Accounts\" & GetPlayerLogin(Index) & "_Info.ini", "Header", "Variable", "Value")
> ```
> ok thats what you need just replace the Header, Variable, and Value.
>
> P.S. It would be better to make a new .ini because this will effect all of their characters.
>
> If youd rather have it effect the one character try the following…
>
> ```
> Call PutVar("Accounts\" $ GetPlayerLogin(Index) & "_" & GetPlayerName(Index) & ".ini", "Header", "Variable", "Value")
> ```
> This will make a new .ini in the account folder called PlayerLogin_PlayerName.ini
> Replace the Header, Variable, and Value Like Normal.

Finally thanks dude!