Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Properly packing client..

DsK

Hello again..

I would like to know what files to include in the client before I send it off to RAR, I know someone around here put a topic on it but I can't seem to find it… Anyhow I am trying to get a few friends to test me pre-alpha beta and I would like to put it on a hosting site with the correct client files.. Thanks :)

Well,

Basically you make a copy of your client folder (this will be the one you RAR) and delete the "src" (source) folders/files. Then compile it into RAR or whatever and upload to some file sharing or your own website as a download link or something and share it. Make sure to go to into the config and make save=0 and password/username = (nothing). You dont want to accidently make your account information available to anyone. This way you still have your personal client folder with source files and a anyone client folder without source files so that they cant edit your game.  :D

That's how you compile the client folder. This is the basic idea but also depends on what engine you are using. Hope this helps!

-Scott (Orbegon)

Alright, few other things my source files would include maps and graphics? ect?   haha stupid question I know.

Edit: Or otherwise what consists as the .src files…  (So just send the Eclipse.exe and data files only?)

Edit: (Last one)  I think I figured it out .src files are the .dll's ect in the main folder am I correct? So if that is correct then I should send the eoclient.exe and data files, is it ok just to include the dx8 file?