Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO 3.0] How to optimize server

Qazek

For having 20-30 players,you need good network connection and kinda strong pc, all what you have to do, try to reduce cps as mutch as it is possible by editing mostly everything what is related to player data and its information exchange with server.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong..

But, isnt player online peak isnt around 50 for default EO?

Actually you should need to be lag free server with around 20-30ppl if you have good bandwith.

Have you tryed to run server with 20 ppl, assuming that you might, thats why you are asking,because players had lags?

20 - 30 Players is pretty ambitious, try going for 2 or hell even 1 if your lucky…...assuming you have little to no knowledge of how to optimize it even if I explained it to you, try assigning more memory to it through the task manager. That is if your computer is capable of running a server such as what Domino_ suggested.

> For having 20-30 players,you need good network connection and kinda strong pc, all what you have to do, try to reduce cps as mutch as it is possible by editing mostly everything what is related to player data and its information exchange with server.
>
> Please someone correct me if I'm wrong..
>
> But, isnt player online peak isnt around 50 for default EO?
>
> Actually you should need to be lag free server with around 20-30ppl if you have good bandwith.
>
> Have you tryed to run server with 20 ppl, assuming that you might, thats why you are asking,because players had lags?

I thought standard server size was about 70\. I think I could handle like 30 without too much lag but you need some good no great internet connection and up-time for 70\. (Lol and big mmorpg's have 1,000,000+ players imagine that on one computer server! )

> I thought standard server size was about 70\. I think I could handle like 30 without too much lag but you need some good no great internet connection and up-time for 70\. (Lol and big mmorpg's have 1,000,000+ players imagine that on one computer server! )

We are talking about EO not other mmorpg server who is made to handle 1 000 000+ AND, there wont be server who will try to handle so mutch players on one pc, they will split apart the server to optimize it.

If I'm not wrong then if eo would use sql instead of saving data in folder and the connection between server and sql would be coded smoothly, then it would increase player handling,but sql database is not newb friendly , I think,thats why its not in original release.

I removed some unused things like hotbar, I removed some unused packets, I removed game editors, I changed some longs to bytes (in packets too), I changed max constants to minimum (like only 40 player slots not 70), I optimized PlayerData and PlayerMove packets and subs. Something else? xD

Hotbar wont affect server, it's just shortcut of your spell in client side,constant decreasing from unuseful 255 to like 80, long changing to byte where its nessecary it very good, game editor do nothing to your server if you arent admin and editing map all the time.

The server loop would be most effective to optimise…

1\. All map logic can be optimised by placing a check: If PlayersOnMap(MapNum) = YES Then

No need to loop 500 maps if there's only 4 maps that are actually in-play.

2\. Increasing timers on other loops so that they don't run as often.

Some however need to stay as they are because otherwise it'll disrupt the flow of the game.

I'm not entirely sure on the event system or path finding, but I'm sure those have room for optimising also.