Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Making a timer to restrict Do events to prevent flickering on pic.screen

azure

Hey Guise? I was messing with that transparency form stuff and, ZM suggested that I make a timer and restrict how often do events are done, but I am a noob and can't figure out how to do this for the life of me. If you guys would help me figure this out I'd be very grateful

Unless someone can give me a reliable and easily accomplished answer, I don't think this is achievable. :( HM said to slow down how often they are called(DoEvents) and Godlord to get rid of them all together(tons and tons of source editing) So for now I'm going to declare this impossible; however, I'm going to recreate the situation and run it on a vista v-box and see if it's my computer or not.

Basically some of us get a weird pic screen flicker when we use transparent forms or colors. (actually from what I read it's kind of common) I read around and saw that HM(Zetta Monkey) had made a response about DoEvents. So I pm'd him and asked for a idiot friendly response, he said "make the Doevents happen less often) So I had no clue how to do that, even after researching the subject. I then asked Godlord how to do the same thing, because he's 1337, and he said take them out all together, which would be insane for me to do since I'm a noob and barely have a grasp on vb as it is. So to explain my issue in more simple words, When I put something transparent on frmMirage I get a flicker on pic screen.

Ps: I managed to slow the flicker down, and even stop it(but when I did stop it Picscreen went blank)

Well i dont know if its possible to Edit the FUnction DoEvents cause when i try it on VB6 it just tells me a description of it. Its not part of The source code its part of the Coding language. Then again idk if it is possible to reduce teh timer

I looked into the matter and it is possible to set DoEvents to a timer, but the examples and such referred to a form object and not a piece of coding (functions|blarg and stuff) in a module, this is why I'm lost for the most part. :(