Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Questions

Ricky

Hi guys I just need a few questions answered. Just answer what you know, I don't expect you to answer them all. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and answer.

I have a year to get this project started so hopefully that is enough time.

1) I bought myself a copy of VB6 off e-bay I was just wondering what book you would recommend reading to learn pretty much everything I need to know to be able to script my game. And how long do you think it would take a beginner to learn?

2) After I learn VB6 can I use the skills I have learned to edit most of the stuff on the eclipse engine and add new content?

3) I'm not good at all with creating custom graphics is there a good site you recommend where I can learn some techniques? because I want my game to have all custom tilesets, characters, items… etc.

> 1) I bought myself a copy of VB6 off e-bay I was just wondering what book you would recommend reading to learn pretty much everything I need to know to be able to script my game. And how long do you think it would take a beginner to learn?

None, the internet has plenty of resources like [this](http://wiki.gamedev.net/index.php/VB:DirectX_tutorials).

> 2) After I learn VB6 can I use the skills I have learned to edit most of the stuff on the eclipse engine and add new content?

It allows you to modify the engine itself like adding new features, fixing bugs, etc.

> 3) I'm not good at all with creating custom graphics is there a good site you recommend where I can learn some techniques? because I want my game to have all custom tilesets, characters, items… etc.

I personally recommend either MS Paint or GraphicGale as tool (PhotoShop is usually too bloated to directly step into). Google: Derek Yu. He wrote an article or guide, whatever you want to call it, on pixel art, explaining some of the techniques. For other things Google is your friend. Also pixel art can only be really learnt by practising, not by reading.

Regards,
  Godlord.