• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[RTE] How do I register?

ruurd22

@Godlord:

> Determining your system directory.
>
> The system directory is often needed in this guide, I'll tell you the paths for the system you're using.
>
> If you're running Microsoft Windows 95, 98 or ME, then your system directory should be:
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\
>
> If you're running Microsoft Windows NT, then your system directory should be:
> C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\
>
> If you're running Microsoft Windows 2000, XP (32-bit), then your system directory should be:
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\
>
> If you're running Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit) or Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit), then your system directory should be:
> C:\Windows\System32\
>
> If you're running Microsoft Windows XP x64, Microsoft Windows Vista x64 or Microsoft Windows 7 x64, then your system directory should be:
> C:\Windows\SysWoW64\
>
> **Note**: in case of 64-bit the DLLs and OCXs provided here might not work. You've two options: either find the 64-bit version of the DLLs or OCXs files or just install them as 32-bit DLLs and OCXs. You might need to put them in C:\Windows\System32\ instead, if that folder exists.
>
> Registering DLL/OCX-files.
>
> Registering DLL/OCX-files is often required in this guide. You can do this with the 'RegSvr32.exe' application which is located in your system directory. Either drag the files you want to be registered to the 'RegSvr32.exe' or right-click the DLL/OCX-files and select 'Open with…'. Then choose 'RegSvr32.exe' in your system directory. You can then check the box to always open these file types with 'RegSvr32.exe' so that can always double click them like an application and it will automatically register.

Please read the topic for God's sake.

Regards,
  Godlord.