Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Changing Sprite Sizes.

12it123

Hey, I'm not much of an active member but I decided to post as I am in need of assistance. My question is what would I need to edit to allow Sprite sizes greater than 32x64 to be used by players? I know I would need to edit the source and I'm more than capable of doing that. I have yet to see a tutorial cover this question. Thanks in advance.

I'm not really sure of how to do it, but I believe that you may be able to change it here:

```
Public Sub NpcEditorBltSprite()
    If frmNpcEditor.BigNpc.Value = Checked Then
        frmNpcEditor.picSprites.Top = frmNpcEditor.scrlSprite.Value * 64
        frmNpcEditor.picSprites.Left = 3360
        Call BitBlt(frmNpcEditor.picSprite.hDC, 0, 0, 64, 64, frmNpcEditor.picSprites.hDC, 3 * 64, frmNpcEditor.scrlSprite.Value * 64, SRCCOPY)
    Else
        frmNpcEditor.picSprites.Left = 3600

If SpriteSize = 1 Then
            frmNpcEditor.picSprites.Top = frmNpcEditor.scrlSprite.Value * 64
            Call BitBlt(frmNpcEditor.picSprite.hDC, 0, 0, PIC_X, 64, frmNpcEditor.picSprites.hDC, 3 * PIC_X, frmNpcEditor.scrlSprite.Value * 64, SRCCOPY)
        Else
            frmNpcEditor.picSprites.Top = frmNpcEditor.scrlSprite.Value * PIC_Y
            Call BitBlt(frmNpcEditor.picSprite.hDC, 0, 0, PIC_X, PIC_Y, frmNpcEditor.picSprites.hDC, 3 * PIC_X, frmNpcEditor.scrlSprite.Value * PIC_Y, SRCCOPY)
        End If
    End If
End Sub
```
I believe this is for NPCs, though. This is located in **modGameEditor** on the client side. It seems to me that you may need to change the 64's to a number of your choice, although I can be wrong.

There are numerous other areas in the source that have something like this. The ones you should probably only consider should be in **modGameEditor**. Search "SpriteSize," and you may see something like what I have up there.

Again, this is just a suggestion, and I really don't know if what I said was correct or not, but if you decide to try out what I suggested, **please make backups of your source files first.**

Good luck!

Nope, What you posted has to do with the Game Editor which I believe is the Npc, Item, Map, ect. Editors. I found what I was looking for I just have little to no Idea what I am doing. In modGameLogic I edited some stuff in BltPlayer and was able to get 48x64 working on the body. The head though is still messed up. I tried editing some stuff in BltPlayerTop but that didn't work. If anyone could help I would be very grateful.

@Kimimaru

Thanks for at least trying ; )

@12it123:

> Nope, What you posted has to do with the Game Editor which I believe is the Npc, Item, Map, ect. Editors. I found what I was looking for I just have little to no Idea what I am doing. In modGameLogic I edited some stuff in BltPlayer and was able to get 48x64 working on the body. The head though is still messed up. I tried editing some stuff in BltPlayerTop but that didn't work. If anyone could help I would be very grateful.
>
> @Kimimaru
>
> Thanks for at least trying ; )

Sorry for the late reply; I just got back from a trip. Sorry about that; I meant to post my code and tell you to look in **modGameLogic**, lol. Anyway, I hope everything worked out.

• 3 weeks later...
@Kimimaru:

> Do you think you can post some of the code that changes the head sizes, please?

I'm trying to do that myself =0 That's all I need fixing the body I did myself and It should be easy to change to any size I feel like once I get the head working which is what I am in need of help with.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned that I have zero knowledge with VB6\. I tried messing around with the X and Y's seeing as all I did to make the body 48x64 was change some 32's to 48 until I got lucky. It's not working out much for the head = ( I'd also like to thank everyone who has recently posted since I wasn't getting my help before. The name and the HP bar can be easily alligned later.