Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Light Blue GUI.

Dthen

Hello Eclipse. This is the second GUI I have ever made. It's not excellent but it is better than the default one and anyone is free to use it without credit for anything.

To download and use in your game, download the very bottom attachment labelled "Blue GUI.zip" and extract it into the gui folder of your Eclipse game's client folder.

:)

@Dthen:

> I want to keep it generic for other people to use mainly as an alternative to the default GUI (which is pathetic) so it's just a very simple gui.
>
> Thanks for the almost instant reply.

Oh, then its good

And your welcome

I don't personally see how it's "good."  It's just a gradient with colored in buttons, nothing special.  Maybe make the buttons seem a little 3D, and give everything a little bit of texture, and it'll look good for an extremely generic GUI.

Not trying to seem harsh, just saying it like I see it…

You're right, it's nothing special.
I will definitely agree with you there.
I am proud of it myself because I am relatively poor at graphics but I made it in response to all the people who can't/won't make a custom GUI just so there is another alternative with little effort to all those people.

@Antidote:

> I don't personally see how it's "good."  It's just a gradient with colored in buttons, nothing special.  Maybe make the buttons seem a little 3D, and give everything a little bit of texture, and it'll look good for an extremely generic GUI.
>
> Not trying to seem harsh, just saying it like I see it…

I meant just as a base other than the white one Antidote

@Antidote:

> I see….but still, it could use a _little_ improving…
>
> I'm just saying, I would NEVER use that in my game at all, and I personally don't think anyone else would either.  A white base is better, imho.

Allow me to propose a hypothetical situation as to why someone might use this…

Imagine someone downloads eclipse and is looking through the resources sections on the forums, looking for things to put in their game, they find some things but notice that they really don't like the red dragons and things from the default GUI. They begin to look into making one and it looks like a daunting task as they never have before.
They run to the resources section and find something like this... See where I'm going now?

I know what you're trying to say, but I really don't see it.  I've always been pretty good with graphics so even just finding a relative picture on google, copying and pasting it, and then making the buttons stand out a little with some shading doesn't seem like a "daunting" task.  But for the purpose of this topic, yes, I see what you're trying to say.