Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EE2.7] Unknown Error: (Overflow) - Serverside

Avantium

Hello, Today my server announced an alert box: Runtime Error ###, Stack Overflow.

I clicked OK, and the server terminated.

I then reboot the server, and began getting reports from players that it's all Messed Up. Can't attack, No NPC's show up. "Level Up" is constantly over their heads. A red "0" damage number appears on login and slowly moves up. The inventory doesn't show up eiher, but the Yellow Boxes around equipped items does show up. I know it's not client side, because all players are reporting the same bugs.

I attempted using a backup archive since I back the whole server up daily, and it still continues to the same thing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

WINVISTA 32BIT - SP1
2048 MB RAM 360 GB HDD
ECLIPSE CLIENT 2.7 / ECLIPSE SERVER 2.7

@Memoryz:

> You probably have a virus on the server, virus scan your computer.

nah its not that… what have you changed in the recent days up until this happened? retrace all your steps in the past few days to find this problem.

All great ideas.

I know it isn't an infection. I develop anti-virus haha.

I already have retraced all things that i've changed. Each day I save the entire Server folder into an archive for the day's backup. And since it worked fine yesterday, i Just did a backup to yesterday, yet it still doesn't function right.

Any other help?

BTW: Copy of my Data.ini ( I'm quite certain it's not an overflow in that. )
```
[CONFIG]
GameName=Avantium
WebSite=
Port=4000
HPRegen=1
HPTimer=10000
MPRegen=1
MPTimer=10000
SPRegen=1
SPTimer=2500
NPCRegen=1
Scrolling=1
ScrollX=30
ScrollY=30
Scripting=1
ScriptErrors=0
PaperDoll=0
SaveTime=0
SpriteSize=1
Custom=0
PKMinLvl=1
Level=0
Email=1
VerifyAcc=1
Classes=1
Stat1=Strength
Stat2=Defense
Stat3=Speed
Stat4=Magic
SPAttack=0
SPRunning=1

[MAX]
MAX_PLAYERS=15
MAX_ITEMS=100
MAX_NPCS=50
MAX_SHOPS=50
MAX_SPELLS=50
MAX_MAPS=250
MAX_MAP_ITEMS=20
MAX_GUILDS=10
MAX_GUILD_MEMBERS=15
MAX_EMOTICONS=10
MAX_ELEMENTS=20
MAX_LEVEL=50
MAX_PARTY_MEMBERS=4
MAX_SCRIPTSPELLS=30
```

I also want to include this…

I've been getting reports from players that after they log in, they have about 20-30 seconds before it boots them. QOUTE: "Player was kicked from the server. (Packet Flooding)"

This is really bizarre!

EDIT: I'm also noticing that stamina for running doesn't regen either like it usually does.

EDIT AGAIN: I tried creating a New Windows account and using a clean install of the EE2.7 Server, and a clean install of EE2.7 Client. SAME THING!!!!
I JUST DON'T GET IT!

@Avantium:

> When what happens? It happens even on a closed server if im the only one playing, or if theres 3 people "trying" to play.

Hi, can you please send me your server and client as-is, and I can debug it for you, or at least try to.

It seems like everything is broken so it's hard to determine the real problem without real-time analysis.

you need to understand how alot of servers handle this:

even on a closed server, commans from you are sent, from your computer, uot to the router, then back again, this causes a lot of internet traffic on your LAN. the trouble is, on some routers there is a limit on how many packets can move through it per computer, (this is to stop one computer using all the bandwith)(packets are what data is sent across the internet in(as little bits of data with packaging on the outside)) when the limit is reached, the router stores the packets in the buffer so it can deal with them one at a time, but, when the buffer gets full, it overflows, data is lost, and so is your connection to the game.

on some routers it is possible to raise or remove the ip packet cap, however, i have no experiance with your type of router so im afraid i cannot help you there

EDIT: i am fairly shure it is correct, but  i am going to have to check, will report later.

right, just checked with my dad (he's a computer technition) and he says your page file needs to be bigger that way your server will have more space to deal with the commands:

* on your start menu, right click on my computer and go properties
* click advanced and click settings under performance
* click advanced and click change under virtural memory
* at the bottom you will see minimum page file, total page file and recommended page file, you need to make shure your page file is bigger than recomended
* click custom size and put an amount bigger than the recomended in the first box(about 1500 should normaly do it)
* set the maximium size to about 1.5-2 times the minimum (about 3000 for me)
* click OK on all open dialoug boxes and reboot your computer and you should be fine

*I do not accsept responability for any undesired operation caused from following this guide, this guide is designed for windows XP i can not garunte compatability with Vista or windows 7

@jangofett287:

> right, just checked with my dad (he's a computer technition) and he says your page file needs to be bigger that way your server will have more space to deal with the commands:
>
> * on your start menu, right click on my computer and go properties
> * click advanced and click settings under performance
> * click advanced and click change under virtural memory
> * at the bottom you will see minimum page file, total page file and recommended page file, you need to make shure your page file is bigger than recomended
> * click custom size and put an amount bigger than the recomended in the first box(about 1500 should normaly do it)
> * set the maximium size to about 1.5-2 times the minimum (about 3000 for me)
> * click OK on all open dialoug boxes and reboot your computer and you should be fine
>
> *I do not accsept responability for any undesired operation caused from following this guide, this guide is designed for windows XP i can not garunte compatability with Vista or windows 7

This is a bug, though. The default size (1MB) is fine for just about any type of game (even 3-D MMORPGs). The problem is something got stuck in an infinite loop (which I doubt), or a structure got too big in memory (probably what happened).

I've never seen a error like this before in VB, but I'm sure it has to do with the way Mirage Source was designed.

You should still send me your server and client if the problem still exists.