Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Little Trouble (SOLVED)

Kimimaru

Hey! I'm making a quest, and I've got it all down, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it so that the scripted NPC will check to see if you have 3 unstackable items. If you don't, it will tell you that you don't, and if you do, it will also say that you do. I know how to do that part, but I don't know how to make it check to see if you have 3 unstackable items. The **CanTake** function in GodLord's inventory script only works for stackable items.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@Kimimaru:

> Hey! I'm making a quest, and I've got it all down, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it so that the scripted NPC will check to see if you have 3 unstackable items. If you don't, it will tell you that you don't, and if you do, it will also say that you do. I know how to do that part, but I don't know how to make it check to see if you have 3 unstackable items. The **CanTake** function in GodLord's inventory script only works for stackable items.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It works for non-stackable items too, just use 0 as the amount.

Regards,
  Godlord.

EDIT: It's not working, unfortunately. I have this:

```
                  If CanTake(Index, 1, 0) = False And CanTake(Index, 1, 0) = False And CanTake(Index, 1, 0) = False Then
            Call PlayerMsg(Index, "Did you get the stuff yet?", WHITE)
          ElseIf CanTake(Index, 1, 0) = True And CanTake(Index, 1, 0) = True And CanTake(Index, 1, 0) = True Then
            Call TakeItem(index, 1, 0)
                        Call PlayerMsg(Index, "Thanks!", YELLOW)             
                  End If
```

```
                  If CanTake(Index, 1, 0) And CanTake(Index, 1, 0) And CanTake(Index, 1, 0) Then
                        Call PlayerMsg(Index, "Thanks!", YELLOW)   
Else
                  Call PlayerMsg(Index, "Did you get the stuff yet?", WHITE)       
                  End If

```

@Godlord:

> Try [this](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,51481.0.html) and then just use CountPlayerInvItem.
>
> Regards,
>   Godlord.

Thanks; that helped me out! Sorry for the late reply; I just go the opportunity to try it out. I've been pretty busy lately and am going to be a lot busier than I was before for a while, so I won't be on here as often.