Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Custom class sprites

MurnaneX

Hey guys, i need some help.
I recently installed unnowns "Gender specific stuff" into my game and it works fine. However i would like to advance my game a bit further. I was wondering if someone could write the code so that when you choose a class in the create a character screen the choices of what heads, bodies and legs you can pick change. Much like unnowns custom Gender stuff just would like it for classes as well.

I had a look myself and it seems like unnowns could be edited with a heap more "if's" and a couple of packets. I'll try myself but i doubt my abilities.

This might be able to be accomplished by adding a gender selection to the sign up screen, assigning an account a specific gender, let's say 1=male 2=female, then you would add in the ton of "ifs". You could basically call for the number under let's say "accountgender"(made up sub under create account sub perhaps?), at which point the script would decide which sprite set to display(if accountgender=1 then display head/body set 1, ect.. Those aren't valid commands, obviously.) It would require some editing, but I believe it could be done.

i cant program but i can do the ideas for whoever will.
basically have fhead mhead fbody mbody flegs mlegs [f=female, m=male]
Then make it so they choose gender when creating an account not character.
It then signs all chars to that gender and when creating it checks which gender and draws from either fhead or mhead etc.

Thanks for the input but i can already get male and female sprites to change when making a character. I was wondering if you could change the sprites again when selecting a class. eg class 1 the humans have normal faces. then class 2 the orcs have green faces. which is all done int he character creation screen

well ive spent alot of time in frmnewchar latly but im thinking if you edit wherever it loads gui/heads then just add a if above that stateing like
if frmNewChar.cmbClass = "Orc" Then
"gui/heads2"
ElseIf frmNewChar.cmbClass = "Human" Then
"gui/heads"
End if.

Of course that not how your gonna write it, its just a example to help you out.