Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse 3.0?

teh jimpie

How could 3.0 be depreciated before it releases? Visual Basic 6 may be depreciated but for those still looking for an easy cookie cutter engine, 3.0 is still on the horizon.

That is kind of a forbidden question around here for some reason. You are not supposed to request an estimated date because no one has one. You just have to wait?

Sorry but thats how it is lol.

@Xeross:

> I thought SE would be out in a few month, that thought is now 6 months old.
>
> Regards, Xeross

Yeah, that's why I ended up joining the forum in the first place actually.. My best advice, get real used to seeing your paint/photoshop, as that's all we're gonna be able to do for awhile. Greatness takes time, and I believe HM is trying to get it right the first time. I suppose we'll be free to judge apon release as to weather or not the wait was worth it. I, for one, am really excited to see an open source 2d mmo engine done in java, and would be perfectly happy perfecting my tiles, sprites, and items I'm preparing for it, for another month or two to get a nice engine to go along with them.

I'd suggest not to post a topic about SE again, mods and admins gets really erm, you know, fiery when people keep asking bout SE XD

This is where you would find what SE _will_ be like,
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/board,206.0.html

@teh:

> haha im dumb, at the top of this forum you will find 3.0 graphics :P
>
> vb6 gnna be changed in java scripting, well i hate javascripting, i never unstand something about it xD it is the same as moparscape i think.

Correct, that's a format you may go off of.

Since when is VB6 being converted to Jscript?  :huh:

@The:

> Java Script = Script that you can put on the web, dedicated to website making. can't be used for anything else.
>
> Java = Can be used on web by embedding it, but dedicated to making programs.

Did you know that you can implement the Java VM into C or C++ applications? I think the benefit of that is for either: 1) generic windowing system or 2) Uber-scripting capabilities

@Zetta:

> Did you know that you can implement the Java VM into C or C++ applications? I think the benefit of that is for either: 1) generic windowing system or 2) Uber-scripting capabilities

Heard of J++? Gotta Love Microsofts 2005 Framework(psst, can't quite remember the framework version) :P

@•[Programma:

> StormShell• link=topic=52586.msg555554#msg555554 date=1254862855]
> Heard of J++? Gotta Love Microsofts 2005 Framework(psst, can't quite remember the framework version) :P

Programmers to this side of the internet <–-
People that use Microsoft frameworks to that side of the internet --->

J++ is discontinued because Sun apparently sued Microsoft because J++ did not meet Java standards. Heck, its been renamed "C#"