Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Making Batle message appear in the chat box:

azure

Ok so I was wondering how can I make the Battle Messages that are shown at the bottom of pic screen on the client appear in the chat box instead. I don't see any particular code that controls where the text is shown. I'll double check since I just had a thought as I wrote this, but some help would be great.

Press CTRL + F. Then, click the "Replace" button. Type in "Call BattleMsg" in the search bar but don't do anything yet. Now, in the box that has "Replace With" or something similar to that above/next to it, type in "Call PlayerMsg." You can check the box that replaces all of the terms, but you don't have to. All you have to do now is click "Replace," and it will replace everything for you. You may have to change the syntax by yourself, though, because the **BattleMsg** has an extra parameter.

I did just as Kimimaru said, I used the find feature and read through every use of BattleMsg and changed it to PlayerMsg, making sure to take out the placer 1's and 0's at the end. It actually didn't take very long since it's all server side anyways.  Then I changed the messages to suit my needs. Now it kind of looks like your talking to yourself.

And even if I had fudged that up, which I didn't, I keep a backup rar so it would have been as easy as delete/replace/retry.