Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help with others hosting

SawQuart

Ertzel has kindly agreed to host for us. We have a few problems though…

The portforward isn't working. I listed the things we did bellow to get the server running:

1\. I uploaded the whole file to mediafire (server + client)
2\. He downloaded it
3\. He port forwarded and got IP 192.168.0.10 and Port 4000
4\. I logged in and it didn't work
5\. He said he changed a few things, and it still didn't work

So I need to know what to do now. Do I need to delete my old server folder? Does he need to upload the new client on mediafire?

Thanks,
Jungletoe

If you're trying to connect to that IP, 192.168.0.10, that will not work as that is not the real IP, that's the internal. Have him visit http://www.whatismyip.com/  and tell you what IP shows there.

You do not need to delete your old server folder. It has nothing to do with it. If you were to start the server up on your computer, the two servers would have different IP addresses and therefore have absolutely nothing to do with each other. I'd definitely keep your server folder for development purposes. If you do any updates to the server on your PC, you'll have to send the server folder again.

If the real IP doesn't work, then he probably didn't do something right with portforwarding, or he has a firewall blocking incoming connections.

@Jarvis:

> Easy to solve that problem. There should be a reset button on the back of the router. You may have to use a pin to press it. Use that. Password will reset back to default, but so will all of your router settings.

He's right. I had to do that once.