Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project World - Idea

Hey guys,

I was thinking about a project,

Lets say we take a snap shot of the world a long time ago, research it and recreate the world as real as we can, and turn it into a game.

I mean, it would require an EPIC team, leads of research but i think we might be able to pull something like this off, now I'm not talking stupid little maps, I'm talking detailed information on races, background info, class info get it right so its like real. Recreate entire cites to accurate information.

Now i want to know, would you support and help this project.

Yours,
-Tipsta

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, that would be epic. It would take well over 500 maps and an uberdedicated team of atleast 5\. I am extremely good at history, so I'll definetely help you out when I'm not on Falcasia. I know exact geological locations of many civilizations and tribes, so you can refer to my knowledge if you would like. How would you do tiles though? It would be cool if you could use Google Earth to the extreme XD

@[Kingdom's:

> Commander Stripper link=topic=53515.msg567781#msg567781 date=1257036255]
> Yeah, i was thinking around the time when rome was at full power and many nations/tribes were talking back their rightful land

@Jungletoe:

> Dude, that would be epic. It would take well over 500 maps and an uberdedicated team of atleast 5\. I am extremely good at history, so I'll definetely help you out when I'm not on Falcasia. I know exact geological locations of many civilizations and tribes, so you can refer to my knowledge if you would like. How would you do tiles though? It would be cool if you could use Google Earth to the extreme XD

I don't think they had Google Earth back then.

Ik alot about history and geo,there was a reason i skipped a grade,mantained straight a's even while taking advanced classes. I like the idea, tomora or something we could discuss concept, i can develop a good concept.also, require this will be in SE, a java edit, or another good non-standard engine.

Summary
Will help with concept, research, mapping, web resources, promo, miscellaneous tasks
Count me in
I will get some concept and resource planning and organization so we can start on this ASAP

Painfully written from itouch
XD

@Joe:

> Ik alot about history and geo,there was a reason i skipped a grade,mantained straight a's even while taking advanced classes. I like the idea, tomora or something we could discuss concept, i can develop a good concept.also, require this will be in SE, a java edit, or another good non-standard engine.
>
> Summary
> Will help with concept, research, mapping, web resources, promo, miscellaneous tasks
> Count me in
> I will get some concept and resource planning and organization so we can start on this ASAP
>
> Painfully written from itouch
> XD

I make most of my posts via my iTouch.

Ontopic: Tipsta do it

I post alot as well from my touch, you get used to it.

The idea sounds great, and like Anna said it could be a Civilization type game where you don't have as much control. I think it'd be great, unfortunately I can't contribute that much, I can research, etc.
I'm always here for morale support though.

Dear Eclipse,

Im saying we should do this

Now my plan would be yo research civilizations in europe, and built it up, before we got to china and what not.
We are now going to do this.

I say, the user plays the role of a char which is from a nation, so they could be a warrior and sign up for the army, or farmer, who farms.

We now need a team,
I want people who would want to help in ANY way to post,
We need
GFX Artists
Researchers
Scripters/Programmers
Mappers

If you believe that you could help out in any one of these roles please post,

Tipsta

It wasn't made by shadows, it was made by Rose, who is a respectably good programmer, it is based off of eclipse stable, i am making a chat room for us and am going to post it here in a sec.
Here is our chat room, please add to main post:
[http://www.chatmaker.net/chatap/rooms/Project_World/](http://www.chatmaker.net/chatap/rooms/Project_World/)

EDIT: Here is the post about EG:

> This will be the official thread for Eclipse Galaxy Discussion and wishes. So far, I've implemented Player Profiles, Directional Blocking, Click to Move, Click to move option, Help Button, Trade Request Window. I'm currently working on A menu that appears when players are right-clicked, and soon after I'll begin working on a GUI, but since my graphics supplies are limited, I need one of you to customize an in game GUI, I'll fit and move the buttons to match. There are no screen shots yet but I suppose there will be. Also I'm going to begin working on a better Character Customization, as requested by Joe, and I decided to call it Project Custom1.
>
> You're welcome to add comments and wishes in reply to this post at anytime. If you wish to help with this engine please pm me and allow me to add you to the list :D
>
> Current Staff
> Rose
> DNA Virus
> Tylian (If he wants too)
> Hey880
>
> Features in the Works
> Project Custom1 -Needs Graphics for Testing-
> EE - EG Converter
> Map Title Length Increased -Almost Done-
> Quest Editor
> New Admin Panel Layout and Options (Need Suggestions)
> Max NPC's Per Map increased to 50 -Almost done-
> Musical Instruments -Almost done-
> Visual Bank
> DX8 Conversion
> Java Conversion
> New In-Game Layout?
> Logic-Based AI
>
> Current Features
> Player Profiles -Going under Edit-
> Directional Blocking -Coming back Soon-
> Click-to-Move -Needs a Check Box in Settings to be added for a rid of mapping annoyance-
> Enter-to-Chat
> Map-Guild-Global Chat Drop-down
> Fmod Sound-System
> Eclipse Stable GUI
> Logout Confirmation
> Shop Fix, Larger Sell Limit without RTE-9 Shop Converter.rar -Coming Back Soon-
> No logout until 10 seconds after last fight
> 3-Frame Movement>Option
> 2-Frame Movement>Option
> % Exp Label
> In-Game Script Editor -Not sure if this needs to be in it, its not stable-
> Main.txt That only uses #includes; -Theres a normal main.txt version too- *Compliments of Admin Admiral Refuge
>
> Custom In-Game GUI -Making is sourced, check out the new in-game GUI for it in GUI Showoff-
> Auto-Log while AFK
> Friend's List
> Logout to MainMenu
> Max NPC Hp -2,147,850,675
> Text Above Character
>
> >Out-Dated<
> Eclipse Galaxy 2.0.zip
> 1.0 Download Link

No one said we are using anything,

If we are lucky, unnown will finish the scripting part of my KKOR stuff, and we MIGHT use it.

We need more people, and alot more for GFX.

Tipsta