Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Seperate sprites based on class???

dragonballgenerations

Hi im currently working on a game in the 4.0 engine that rather then classes focuses on races. But when i try to set the classes.ini file to specify each class with a different sprite, such as below it still reverts back to sprite 1 in my graphics folder for the basis. anyone know how to correct this?

```

[Class2]
MaleSprite=2
FemaleSprite=2
Name=Race 2
Strength=4
Endurance=2
Agility=2
Intelligence=3
Willpower=1
StartItemCount=2
StartItem1=1
StartValue1=50
StartItem2=12
StartValue2=1
StartSpellCount=0
MHair=9
MHeads=3
MClothes=1,2,3,4
MEars=6
MEtc=1,2,3,4
MEyebrows=1,2,3,4
MEyes=1,2,3,4
MMouth=1,2,3,4
MNose=1,2,3,4
FHair=3,4,7,8
FHeads=1,2,3,4
FClothes=1,2,3,4
FEars=1,2,3,4
FEtc=1,2,3,4
FEyebrows=1,2,3,4
FEyes=1,2,3,4
FMouth=1,2,3,4
FNose=1,2,3,4
MFaces=
FFaces=

```

Alright figured it out. Just in case anyone else wonders this heres the solution since nobody bothered helping or telling me how simple it was.

the character sprite isnt changed or made to correspond with a class based on the "malesprite=1 FemaleSprite=1" that is found at the top of the classes.ini, that is decieving given that everything else corresponds with what number the image is for example "MEyes = 1,2,3,4" means that the male character can choose between the eyes in pictures 1,2,3, and 4\. if you dont want it to use say 3, you simply remove the 3 from the classes.ini so it would read "MEyes=1,2,4"  if you add 1 name it in sequential order such as 5 so then it would read "MEyes=1,2,4,5"…However changing the sprite from "MaleSprite=1" to "MaleSprite=2" does nothing it will still keep the sprite as the same as whatever number head you have listed in the classes.ini   So if you make your own sprite for a seperate class and you name it 5 you have to then make a head in the faces folder called 5 and then add 5 to "MHead=1,2,3,4"