Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Class changing by rep

jedboy10

i was wondering if there was a way to make a script kind of like the heaven/hell script on the forums. ecept when the player reaches a certain level he turns into either a good or evil class such a going from wizard to mage/necromancer. anyone know if this is possible?

No. What I'm saying is that you need a reputation system in place. If you have that, whoever scripted it should be able to accommodate the needed checks upon leveling. It's just a matter of checking a variable, but the variable needs to exist.

For the sake of clarity, which script are you even referencing? I'll write something up for you if I know what you need.

```
If GetVar("accounts\" & GetPlayerLogin(index) & ".ini", "CHAR" & GetPlayerCharNum(index), "Reputation") >= SOME_NUMBER Then
    Call SetPlayerClass(Index, ClassnumberHere)
    Call PlayerMsg(Index, "You are now CLASSNAME", 9)
End if
```
A quick swap of the rep variable with what Evil did gives you this. It's pretty straightforward. Mess around with it.

```
PlayerRep = GetVar("accounts\" & GetPlayerLogin(index) & ".ini", "CHAR" & GetPlayerCharNum(index), "Reputation")
If PlayerRep <> "" Then
If CInt(PlayerRep) >= SOME_NUMBER Then
    Call SetPlayerClass(Index, ClassnumberHere)
    Call PlayerMsg(Index, "You are now CLASSNAME", 9)
End If
Else
Call PutVar("accounts\" & GetPlayerLogin(index) & ".ini", "CHAR" & GetPlayerCharNum(index), "Reputation", 0)
End If

```
Add PutVar if the player didn't have the rep variable at all to prevent errors.