Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Not creating char if inapropriate name

blackkat9666

@blackkat9666:

> I was wondering if it would be possible to make that when a player creates a character, with a word in the curse filter, a message would pop up and say "Please chose a more apropriate name for your character!".
> I suck too much at coding and even sadscript at the moment -.-

If your server/accounts

there's a CharList.txt

Just simply type in every inappropriate name there so no1 else can take it.

And put a warning if a player does choose an inappropriate name they will be deleted/banned.

Then just update the list as people create dodgy names. - Delete the char, and make sure the name stays in CharList.txt

Easiest way to do it

That's why I made the topic, I suck at scripting and sourcing and was wondering if it was possible and easy or not.
But, like I said in my first post, I wanted a message that pops up when someone creates a character with a bad word in it.
Example: someone creates a character named "fckme" it wont let him/her create it and a message would pop up and say "Please chose a more apropriate name!"
Kinda like if a name's already taken but diffrent.

In the source tutorials section I made a tutorial for a better word filter. It's a bit outdated, since the stuff it references is gone, but it still works. In fact, you wouldn't really need to do much. You'd just have to add the appropriate subs and variables, and call it during the character creation process. It'd have to be changed to throw an error rather than swap out the words, though.