Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO2] Map music not working

Scratso

Ok, so I go ahead and try change a map's music, thinking it'll work. So then I go on another computer after hitting "Send" and the music isn't playing! :o So then I set it again, click Play and Send again, and it still will only play on that computer. Plus, I set two maps music differently and it doesn't register that they're different - it keeps the music the same throughout the game. Anyone know how to fix this?

> 1\. restart the game client on the second pc.
>
> Not working?
>
> => Did you change something in the code ? => Yes => What did you change? => show  the changes you made to sound system.

I didn't change anything  about the sound system.

> You haven't told us if you restarted your client.

He did, apparently it's a problem with server-client sending or with saving.

He also did a lot of tutorials…. so i think it has to do with one of them....

Scratso did you change anything to the map data in server and client or something with the maps at all?

Maybe backup all your maps and start with an empty map folder in server and client.

> He did, apparently it's a problem with server-client sending or with saving.
>
> He also did a lot of tutorials…. so i think it has to do with one of them....
>
>  
>
> Scratso did you change anything to the map data in server and client or something with the maps at all?
>
>  
>
> Maybe backup all your maps and start with an empty map folder in server and client.

Yes… I'm rewriting my edits now to see if that'll work.

> You haven't told us if you restarted your client.

I did restart my client and the music just wasn't playing when I logged back in.

Woops, sorry about the double-post. I forgot these forums don't have merge enabled…

Edit: Maybe I could make it optional as to which music you want to play? Like in Options I put the music options there and let people select and play? Would that work? Because personally, I do prefer games where you choose your own music to play :P