Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Multiple bugs upon upgrading

tymax1234yahoo.com

I have been getting 3 errors ever since I downloaded a few days ago, I used to love working with the old version of the engine, I made some upgrades to my PC, and I am working with Source (engine) at the moment. However I wanted to do some work with this on the side. Ever since I downloaded the new engine, I always get these 3 errors when I run the client:

> Error reading from comfig.ini, recreating file.
> Error loading colors.txt

As well as the good old:

> Error loading settings in Main(). Please check all your files. ERR 339, Desc: component 'VBMP.ocx' or one of it's dependancies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

I have tried the custom installers, I tried about all solutions to be found on this error, I really would like to get this working…

Eclipse worked fine before the upgrade to EE, but I also had some major system upgrades since then. Any help would be a great Christmas gift, as well as the fact I would like to know if all of my clients of the game would have this error, thanks,
Tyler Logsdon

Which custom installers have you tried?
Have you tried Eclipse Library Installer 9 yet (just came out afew days ago)?

Under Vista, you'll have to run it as Administrator: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,55447.0.html

Also, the newest version of Eclipse is Eclipse Stable (located in the Announcements board); I'm an EE2.7/2.8 fan myself, but I can't argue that Eclipse Stable is the well… most stable so far =D

@tymaxbeta:

> holy shit, that fixed it, why is this installer not on the official website??!!?? this is great, make easier to find though, thanks man!

I think ELI Slim is on the main website; usually that works.  Regardless, in that one pinned topic you replied to, it links to the Eclipse Library Installer (under the section "Eclipse Library Installer"), but it linked to 2.0; I'll update the topic so it links to ELI9.