Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A few questions

drrunsalot

:embarrassed: I was wondering how to make spells do damage to opponents.  I would also like to know how to make class.  I was also wondering how to make it day time or change the time so that the game would make it day time. Sorry if these are nubish questions.

Hi, welcome to Eclipse :)

First off, be sure you're using http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,49913.0.html as it has a fully working spell system.
Now, to make a spell that causes damage, you simply create a new spell, and set it's type to "death" (sub hp), and set the vital mod to however much HP you want to take away.
Then you create an item, set the item's type to "spell", and let the player "use" that item to learn the spell.  Then the player can cast the spell.

As for making classes, you go into the Server/Classes folder, and modify the Class.ini files to your liking; to make a new class, simply add a new ini file accordingly.

To make it always day time (I think that's what you're asking), simply set the server's time (Server Control Panel) to 9 am or so, and disable the time.  If you wish to still have the time feature but without the night system, you can edit each one of your map's "Map properties" and select the "indoors" checkbox.