Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Client GUI doesn't "Fit"!

DoorsBane

While I'm not new to using Eclipse (I used Eclipse 2 I believe about 4 or 5 years ago, and what happened to 'Touch of Death Productions'?!) I am very new to the current Eclipse server-client package. I've downloaded the most recent package availible and I'm running it on my laptop with Windows 8.

While I haven't had any problems with the server so far, the client has a problem where it's GUI from the start up doesn't fully fit in the client's window. In fact, while the window doesn't change at all it seems the GUI changes it's size between screens. As you can see in the screenshot below this leaves some dark grey dead space between in the client window. Also, the click on the buttons (in their locations in the screenshot) doesn't do anything, instead to make it work I have to click around where I drew the four red dots to interact with the four buttons.

[attachment=1201:clientfailure.png]

So, if anyone could explain to me like I'm 5 how to fix what's going wrong or what I've done wrong you'll have earned my undying gratitude.

Peace out brothers and sisters!

- DoorsBane

Alright, I did a quick Google search of the forums, and I found [this](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/128566-scrambled-ui/): which was in plain enough English for me to understand, so I followed "✟ John ✟"'s advice and immediately it seemed like the problem was fixed. But when I try to connect to a server now this happens: the client just whites out and error counter soars.

![](http://i57.tinypic.com/24l3g2s.png)