Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Server

boris

Hi, I don't know if i'm at the right place (if not sorry) but I need a server that can support 40,000 players, any ideas where I could rent one for cheap?

I shouldn't have 40,000 player ONLINE but registered and maybe max 800-900 online at the same time?

Also, I don't even know if Eclipse Stable is capable of that, is there any restrictions?

Thanks! ;)

HAHA! love the replies!

I'll rent a supercomputer, if any problem pops up…
For now I'm just looking for something to support maybe 1000 players and less than 100 players online. That shouldn't be too much isn't it?

It's just that I'm planning a 50,000 visit a month marketing plan for my website so players should come in quite fast...

What would be the problems if my server was over loaded?

@boris:

> HAHA! love the replies!
>
> I'll rent a supercomputer, if any problem pops up…
> For now I'm just looking for something to support maybe 1000 players and less than 100 players online. That shouldn't be too much isn't it?
>
> It's just that I'm planning a 50,000 visit a month marketing plan for my website so players should come in quite fast...
>
> What would be the problems if my server was over loaded?

Eh, server crashing? Especially for MYSQL . Would be a pain in the ass to keep track of that many accounts in the DB. Not saying I would'nt want 40K players but keep your expectations low because there is a 1 and a million chance your game will take off the ground and become popular.So yea…..... lets see how long you "super computer"lasts hold 40K of accounts on a single server XD.2 words: epic catastrophe.

It's just that I have a completely new idea (not that cheezy fantastic real) and I'm actually making money out of every player so I can afford huge marketing. However, I'm a college student with zero starting money so I need to get a way that I can grow the server base as my player base grow (as my cash goes up).

I have zero knowledge in coding so I simply copy/past from this forum put so far, it worked good for me…
I just wanna start with a 30$/month server like the one at private-hosters.com. I would really like some suggestions on other hosts so I can shop around.

thank you

@Soul:

> You'll need 625 GB of memory just to support the account folder and the Username's_Info.ini alone.
>
> Also, it's 2,438,454 K Memory needed to run that server.

@VinhabGaming:

> Maybe on like 4, 3.3GHZ servers running xp only. ( No other programs ).
>
> I dont think renting is the best way, spending 6000 - 7000 $ is okey. (Only for the 40k accounts).

So like if I buy something like 3 or 4 _Xeon E3110 3.0GHZ w/ 6MB L2 Cache_ with 8 GB of RAM each and plug them on a 100mb/sec connection… would it work to have 800 players online?

@Tipsta:

> Meh, im telling you, your not going to get over 100 people online.

I'm taking this as a challenge  ;)
..I'll reply this treat and PM you when I'll get my 100 players online!!!

**There is still 60,500 monthly searches on google for "2d mmorpg" HA!**
Compared to 74,000 monthly for "3d mmorpg" so I still think 2d is big…

Wait for SE to come out you will have alot better luck with that because vb6 is just out of date yes good things are still being made with it but soon the COM support is going to be taken out of windows and you will be fucked plus not everyone here uses windows with SE you can get linux and mac users.