Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alot off questions..

markisen1122

Hi all.. i'll try post everything i am wondering about etc.. and to let u all know so u can skip all dumb comments that i should "search" for tutorials i can't i'm visually handicapped (nearly blind) so i'ts so much easier for me to make own post and get answers.. so here they come all off my questions i have atm..

1\. I have no idea how to make new Sprites/item "sprites"

2\. No idea where to make item

3\. Must i know how to use VB6? if so is there any tutorial?

4\. why doesn't my script editor work?

5\. what can i do with only scripting?

6\. the source code, is they the only way to change the graphics on the game and the start menu?

7\. if i make better graphics.. what do i have to do then in-game? with the tilesets

8\. I have no idea how paperdoll works or how to make one

9\. what types off games can i make with eclipse? I've seen 2d-side-scrolling and the standard, is there any else? plz picture

10\. I did just download the Eclipse 2.7 "server/client" and i did not get any source codes.. shouldn't it be there?

11\. is Eclipse 2.7 best if i don't know programing alot?

12\. can i make own pictures off items in like photoshop and use them in-game?

some questions may seen dumb u think but just answer them plz.

I'm very thankful to whoever help me out with all questions..

it'll come more if i get something to mind

Mark

1) I am not sure exactly what you want to ask..but if you want to add new items or sprites go to your "Client" folder…go into the "GFX" folder and you should see two files called "items.bmp" and "sprites.bmp"...this is essentially where you add new sprites, and where all the sprites are placed. I believe there are 12 frames per sprite for the animation in game. There are lots of resources you can find in the resource index here on the site if you want to add some.

2) First make sure you are an admin...when you are logged into the client, open up the server.exe and go to players...click on your guy, then give yourself access level 5...next off type "edititem" this will allow you to open the item editor and create items, weapons, armor, etc.

3)If you wish to edit the source then you must know the program. I do not have any tutorials here but there are plenty on this site and google as well as quite a bit of resources. However, before getting into VB6, play around with Eclipse first, you can make a basic game without any sourcing (Even if others say its false, those are just programming nerds ;)  )

4) I am not sure exactly what you mean by this..to edit the script is done in the scripts folder in the server folder..You can find out more about scripting inside the scripting section here..there is A LOT to cover with that.

5) Scripting allows you to create features and other functions not capable with Eclipse on its own. For example, there are quest scripts you can learn which will create working quests...Eclipse by itself in the editor form does not have any quest editor, so sometimes for features scripting is a must if you want that feature. Again, practise with the in game editors before moving to that.

6) Source code changes a lot of things. It can move around the graphic user interface (GUI)...so for example, you can put the "Create account" link in another spot..however you can edit the GUI itself, by adding new colors, pictures, etc by going to Server - GUI - then clicking on a GUI menu and editing it in a program such as Photoshop or Paint.net.

7) Sprites needed to be added to sprites.bmp in the GFX folder ...Items added to items.bmp...tiles added to a tileset in the GFX folder...in your GFX folder you will have 10 tiles graphic sets...they are labelled tiles1.bmp, tiles2.bmp, tiles3.bmp, etc etc...thats where you add new tiles.

8) First in the data.ini file paperdoll mus be turned on so switch the variable to "1" instead of "0"...also you must add the paperdoll items, go to the resource page of the forum to find paperdoll items you can add.

9) Anything really..some people have medieval RPG, side scrollers, zombie type games..its really up to you, your imagination and programming abilities.

10) The source is located in the "Source" folder. Don't worry about them, you cannot edit without Visual Basics 6.

11) Try Eclipse Stable, but 2.7 will work for practise.

12) Yep and you can post it in the appropraite spot in the GFX folder, just make sure they fit in the spot perfectly.

Don't worry about scripting and source code right now..just playing around with Eclipse, do some mapping, create some enemies, make some items...Do the basics first :)