Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Death and Spells

Gohan

Forgive my noobishness if this is a noob question.

Is there a way to separate the locations in which you die and where you relog?

Is there a way to make spells get stronger as you level?

PS I'm using Eclipse Stable.

Okay I'll explain further. Despite ALL of the advice I've received and everyone telling me not to, I'm making a Dragonball Z fan game as my first game. Don't try to tell me not to cuz it's going great s far.

I need people to respawn after death in the Otherworld map I made, but people spawn there after a relog too. I need to separate the two respawns.

You still sound confused. Okay I'll use a scenario.

This is what happens now:

Guy 1 pks Guy 2\. Guy 2 is sent to Otherworld(DBZ version of the afterlife)

Guy 1 has to go deal with some irl stuff and logs off. He comes back, logs back on and he's in Otherworld too.

I want this scenario:

Guy 1 pks Guy 2\. Guy 2 is sent to Otherworld.

Guy 1 has to go deal with some irl stuff and logs off. He comes back, logs back on and he's in the same place he logged off at.

@Sealbreaker:

> but… why is guy 1 in otherworld? I mean, something must have warped him there... or... I dont get how guy1 came to otherworld if he didnt die....
>
> -seal

Exactly. He didn't die yet he goes to Otherworld, that's the problem.

The respawn thing on the Map Properties affects relogging as well as death for some reason :/ I need some way to separate it.

Scripts are little bits of code that execute events when certain things happen - in this case, death.

Check out the scripting section. There's a huge script index topic that'll help you find the script you want. Most will tell you what you need to do to install the script.

@Ballie:

> Scripts are little bits of code that execute events when certain things happen - in this case, death.
>
> Check out the scripting section. There's a huge script index topic that'll help you find the script you want. Most will tell you what you need to do to install the script.

Okay I found the script I need. I'd use it now but… can someone translate the instructions for that script to noobglish for me?

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,11046.0.html

Place new case? X_X

EDIT nvm thats not the script I want

EDIT cool, found it :D, simple enough