Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Midi Music Not playing in Client

Baaleos

I've been trying to get midi music working in Eclipse Stable.

Wav, Mp3 music plays fine, and yes, my midi synth volume is un-muted.

I looked at some of the source code of the eclipse stable, and found that the method that plays the music is
BASS_ChannelPlay(MapSound, BASSFALSE)

Would anyone have any insight as to possible causes of myself and some other people not getting midi sound through the game?

Also - what compiler does everyone use?

Midi used to work back in 2.7 (at least midi files did play back last year sometime in 2.7)

I checked the source code, the same method for playing the background music is used for both wav type files as well as midi.

Ordinarily, this wouldnt be a problem,
I was wondering what the value of BASSFALSE is though?
Is it just a 0 (false) or is it a separate value?

In most uses of the method used to play the music, the uses I can find on google, the arguments have always been
1\. Path to the song
2\. false  (this is where BASSFALSE is appearing in the source)

If the BASSFALSE value is not false, or not equal to 0, then it may perhaps be affecting it?

I copied the dll there, but no change… completely forgot how to register dlls... will go do that then try again.

• 3 weeks later...
I have the same problem too with Eclipse Stable. I tryed to register bass.dll but for some reason windows won't allow me to do it. Maybe if they added a audio vb code into the engine like what Eclipse Evolution 2.7 did with frmmirage by adding vbmp component into it. Then maybe that would get rid of the problem.