Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Clickteam Patcher

Gohan

Okay I tried searching for it but this forum's search tool is completely useless.

I am making a patcher so I don't have to make my users download the game all over again every other day. I have the clickteam patcher… what do I do with the .exe file once I make it? Do I just upload that file to my file host or do I make a new installer and include the patcher in it? I'm confused.

@viciousdead:

> It works for all, only thing is… It downloads the files, but there in a seperate folder named Version1...
> I wish it would just merge the file to a directory.. You know, delete the old file and put the new one in.

Damn… just when I thought I had found a solution. Any other ideas?

EDIT: I tried finding other ones but i'm hopeless... I'm beginning to think I'd be better off making people download a new client every other day  :icon_crap:

@Gohan:

> @viciousdead:
>
> > It works for all, only thing is… It downloads the files, but there in a seperate folder named Version1...
> > I wish it would just merge the file to a directory.. You know, delete the old file and put the new one in.
>
> Damn… just when I thought I had found a solution. Any other ideas?

I have no other ideas… I've tried Marshs updater doesn't work, triad patcher won't config for me, and clickteam patcher is a retarded fail..

@viciousdead:

> It works for all, only thing is… It downloads the files, but there in a seperate folder named Version1...
> I wish it would just merge the file to a directory.. You know, delete the old file and put the new one in.

No it doesn't. Don't pass off that kind of shit as fact when the reason it does that is because _you_ obviously can't follow basic instructions.

The autoupdater I released downloads a .rar file, extracts it (Yes, if you fuck up compiling it then it'll fuck up for the player. That's your fault, not mine Vicious.) and overwrites the old versions with the new files.

I wouldn't release something half-arsed. It's the best autoupdater around.