Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pokemon system

teh jimpie

I don't know much source but here is what I would do:
1\. Make a scripted weapon designed to heal, finish the script by taking the  item.
2\. Make a summon spell.
3\. Make a scripted weapon which when it is used to kill a pokemon, gives a pokeball with the pokemon inside.
4\. Make the pokeball a spell item to learn the summon spell for the pokemon inside.
5\. Make a custom menu with buttons to make effects appear on players target, also add damage.
6\. you are done! You could also add a "challenge" skill (only to attack players) which makes a custom menu that says yes or no to the challenge, yes warps both players to a map with several arenas.

There is a similar system..search for turn based battle script. Its a source edit.

Erypto is creating a pokemon-ish build…I am assuming there will be tons of work needed by the developer who downloads the build to make it a full out Pokemon game. Check out Pokemon Cyrus, and Pokemon Neon..these are full out sourced Pokemon games..and when you check out these games you can easily see the amount of programming knowledge needed.

@Sputnak:

> I don't know much source but here is what I would do:
> 1\. Make a scripted weapon designed to heal, finish the script by taking the  item.
> 2\. Make a summon spell.
> 3\. Make a scripted weapon which when it is used to kill a pokemon, gives a pokeball with the pokemon inside.
> 4\. Make the pokeball a spell item to learn the summon spell for the pokemon inside.
> 5\. Make a custom menu with buttons to make effects appear on players target, also add damage.
> 6\. you are done! You could also add a "challenge" skill (only to attack players) which makes a custom menu that says yes or no to the challenge, yes warps both players to a map with several arenas.

that's no battle system :/
@chiccora:

> There is a similar system..search for turn based battle script. Its a source edit.
>
> Erypto is creating a pokemon-ish build…I am assuming there will be tons of work needed by the developer who downloads the build to make it a full out Pokemon game. Check out Pokemon Cyrus, and Pokemon Neon..these are full out sourced Pokemon games..and when you check out these games you can easily see the amount of programming knowledge needed.

i guess they're not released? :o