Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EE] Scripted/script tile

Corrupt

I am adding an attribute similar to the script tile I was wondering since i am unable to find where the script number is stored like when you put what number script you are setting and place it on the map you send```
.data1
```then the server will send
```
Call Packet_ScriptTile(Index, Val(Parse(1)))
```and in the packet there is
```
    Call SendDataTo(Index, "SCRIPTTILE" & SEP_CHAR & GetVar(App.Path & "\Tiles.ini", "Names", "Tile" & TileNum) & END_CHAR)
```
But i can not seem to find where the data is stored for me to implant my attribute o when it sends or grabs the data to send the client what number script it should be looking for to run. sorry if you do not understand what i am asking if you don't tell me and i will re word it.

@Corrupt:

> I am adding an attribute similar to the script tile I was wondering since I am unable to find where the script number is stored like when you put what number script you are setting and place it on the map you send```
> .data1
> ```then the server will send
> ```
> Call Packet_ScriptTile(Index, Val(Parse(1)))
> ```and in the packet there is
> ```
>     Call SendDataTo(Index, "SCRIPTTILE" & SEP_CHAR & GetVar(App.Path & "\Tiles.ini", "Names", "Tile" & TileNum) & END_CHAR)
> ```
> But I can not seem to find where the data is stored for me to implant my attribute o when it sends or grabs the data to send the client what number script it should be looking for to run. sorry if you do not understand what I am asking if you don't tell me and I will re word it.

The client sends the number to the server, and the server send the number to your scripting source (main.txt) directly down to the scripted_tile section, where it reads the Case for the number and performs the action. The number doesn't go back to the client… it ends there.

SO whatever you're trying to do, try putting in that section in the main.txt in your (server > scripts) folder.