Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anybody out there who is serious about making a successful game?

Sowtis

**I DONT WANT NO AMATEURS!**
_(No offense to them, I just want well talented people!)_

Now that is out of the way… Here is what I have to say! (Hey that rhymed!)

I'm sick of trying to make a game but having nobody else with talent wanting to make a game. I own a site (Account Vendor) and I want to make a game to put on the site to help attract more people, and to be able to be a part of something big (hopefully).

In school I met this guy who is AMAZING WITH FLASH / PHOTOSHOP (he is a VERY odd person, anyway...) and he could make a game trailer and / or ads for the game. If you saw this little clip he made that I saw, you would be shocked. I told him I would pay him to make something like that for me.

I myself, can do stuff like GUI artwork, and other photoshop stuff. I have VB6 and I can edit the engine but not that great. This is what I really need, a very good individual who can be our source / script editor.

Lastly I need a pixel artist, I can do a couple things but not right from scratch, I could help out a bit.

If anybody else is well talented and is very serious about making a MMORPG then PLEASE contact me!

E-Mail: [email protected] (I check this e-mail daily)
Or you can even send me a PM on my site (http://accountvendor.net)

Just to let everybody know, this is not an ad for my site, I am very serious about getting a nice game online!

So you can do a bit of photoshopping and some basic vb6?

Sounds to me like you're the amateur here. Just like everyone else looking for a team, you want a group of people to make up for the fact that you can't be bothered doing it yourself.

Good luck, but it's not going to go anywhere.

@Robin:

> So you can do a bit of photoshopping and some basic vb6?
>
> Sounds to me like you're the amateur here. Just like everyone else looking for a team, you want a group of people to make up for the fact that you can't be bothered doing it yourself.
>
> Good luck, but it's not going to go anywhere.

I didn't say a bit of PhotoShop, I said a bit of Pixel Art and VB6.

I am in a couple courses in school for PhotoShop.

Also, like I said, I have a couple of other friends who can get some other stuff done like a game trailer and such. So all the stuff I can provide to the team (from myself and people I know in real life) is a good chunk of help I'd say. I can also pay for a site (which I already have, but incase we needed another one) and other things that are needed. Like ads etc.

EDIT:
@Robin:

> Just like everyone else looking for a team, you want a group of people to make up for the fact that you can't be bothered doing it yourself.
>
> Good luck, but it's not going to go anywhere.

There is a lot more than just Pixel Art and Scripting. I am doing a large portion of work, and I'm learning more new stuff about pixel art and such.

Please don't try to just shut me down, I want to make a game, and I'm looking for other interested people.

I'm not trying to shut you down, but I've seen thousands of people say the same stuff over the years. It never goes anywhere.

The only games I've seen kick off were created by a couple of people who were good friends and were the top of their field, be it programming, graphics or music.

You're looking for a programmer and a pixel artist. That's 2 out of 3 of the main roles, and you're not filling the spot of composer.

The more people in your team, the more chance of your game crashing and burning.

Don't take it personally, it's just what happens.

@Robin:

> I'm not trying to shut you down, but I've seen thousands of people say the same stuff over the years. It never goes anywhere.
>
> The only games I've seen kick off were created by a couple of people who were good friends and were the top of their field, be it programming, graphics or music.
>
> You're looking for a programmer and a pixel artist. That's 2 out of 3 of the main roles, and you're not filling the spot of composer.
>
> The more people in your team, the more chance of your game crashing and burning.
>
> Don't take it personally, it's just what happens.

Well you have to start somewhere to be at the "top of the field".

I can always learn, and that I am. I am working on pixel art as I speak. So stop saying I'm like barely doing anything… Please...

Even if a good game was made, who is going to play? There needs to be media on the web, advertisements and such. I am also working on that.

There is more than just pixel art, programming and music.