Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need Map Help XD

Valon328

Hey guys I really need help with Mapping, I always get stucked on how to make my maps look more better..
Please help me by telling me what I should put in it, EX: Flowers, pillows, beds, tables, carpets
Oh yeah please don't judge the GFX I just need the map item help not the GFX Help

![](http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv360/russell32896/NeedHelp1.png)

Maybe outer walls?

I've noticed with interiors you don't want to go all huge empty space with them; it's better to do enough space for efficient player/npc pathing, and space from that to add details (furniture, tables, etc.). Your map is just a huge empty waste of space for the most part. A smaller contained room with efficient pathing with detail won't be as much open map-space but it would go a long way in it's look.

Of course if your tiles are not well set-up to do outer walls then don't try it, since designing smaller map rooms does require decent outer wall graphics. Oh yeah why are there stone/brick walls inside a grand tree?

@Anna:

> Maybe outer walls?
>
> I've noticed with interiors you don't want to go all huge empty space with them; it's better to do enough space for efficient player/npc pathing, and space from that to add details (furniture, tables, etc.). Your map is just a huge empty waste of space for the most part. A smaller contained room with efficient pathing with detail won't be as much open map-space but it would go a long way in it's look.
>
> Of course if your tiles are not well set-up to do outer walls then don't try it, since designing smaller map rooms does require decent outer wall graphics. Oh yeah why are there stone/brick walls inside a grand tree?

Thanks Anna! Once again, you helped me achieve a better looking game ;D (remember when you first told me to use outlines? ;D)

Btw, I have like stone walls in it because this Grand Tree is magical and inside is hollow, therefore the colonies of squirrels built things inside to perfect it for their prince and their god, Hamster. I also think it would stand out a bit more but whenever my friend logs on to my game he always just crashes into the wall and asks me "whats that thing?" >.<

@Ballie:

> ![](http://beaubuckley.info/derrick/Edit.png)
>
> I swapped out the black on the floors and just added "planks" and it looks a lot easier on the eyes. I left my sample tile for you to get ideas from. :)

wow! Thanks!!!
I can use this right??