Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BitBlt Not Working When Showing A Form (SOLVED)

Kimimaru

Hey, everyone! I'm just blitting out graphics in a picturebox, and it works fine whenever I change the ListIndex on my listbox in the form, but it doesn't work when the ListIndex is specified before the form is shown. Here's an example of what I'm doing:

```
Dim ItemNum As Long

frmEditor.lstListBox1.ListIndex = EditorIndex

ItemNum = EditorIndex + 1

Call BitBlt(frmEditor.picItems1.hDC, 0, 0, PIC_X, PIC_Y, frmMirage.picItems.hDC, (Item(ItemNum).Pic - Int(Item(ItemNum).Pic / 6) * 6) * PIC_X, Int(Item(ItemNum).Pic / 6) * PIC_Y, SRCCOPY)

frmEditor.Show vbModal
```
That part is not working. However, whenever I change the ListIndex, it blits out the graphic perfectly fine. Here's an example of what I'm doing:

```
Private Sub lstListBox1_Click()
    Dim ItemNum As Long

ItemNum = lstListBox1.ListIndex + 1

Call BitBlt(picItems1.hDC, 0, 0, PIC_X, PIC_Y, frmMirage.picItems.hDC, (Item(ItemNum).Pic - Int(Item(ItemNum).Pic / 6) * 6) * PIC_X, Int(Item(ItemNum).Pic / 6) * PIC_Y, SRCCOPY)
End Sub
```
The strange thing is that this part works, while the other part doesn't draw out the graphics. Can someone please explain why this is happening?

@Robin:

> You need to set BitBlt _after_ the form is loaded up.
>
> BitBlt is a horrible system to use anyway. It doubles your memory usage.
>
> Switch to BltToDC.

Okay, I see, but the **Form_Load** Sub doesn't seem to be executing. I'll give it another shot with **BltToDC**. Thanks!

For some reason, it's still not working. I've looked at the item editor, and it shows the form as vbModal yet displays the item graphics using the **Form_Load** sub. Mine won't do this for some odd reason.

EDIT: I just set the **AutoRedraw** property for the Picturebox and the Form to **True**, so now it works! Thanks for the help, Robin!

EDIT #2: It still doesn't work. If I make the AutoRedraw property True, it draws out the graphics when I start up the form, but it won't change them when I want it to.

EDIT #3: Okay, I've finally got it! I set the **AutoRedraw** property for both the Picturebox and the Form to **True** so that it draws out the graphics when I load the form. Then, whenever I make a change in the graphics, I make it refresh the Picturebox so that it records the change. Thanks again!