Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DX8 Engine Grey Screen when logging in

FenixYT

Me and my friend can login with no problems into the game, however I have 2 other friends that get that grey screen for some reason unexplained.

They already installed runtimes, 4 different ones including Nin Online Runtimes.

One of them is using Windows 8, and the other one, using Windows 7 (same as mine)…

They can get past the account/character creation screen.

![](http://i.imgur.com/84qh9DB.png)

Discovered some things about it, like, if you create a new account and character, you get grey screen, however, if I make this character an admin at the admin panel, the screen renders.

BUUUUUT… if you are and admin and go to an map different from 1 (map 2,3,4 and so on) you get that gray screen and a runtime error 28 saying ''out of stack spaces''. When we login again with the same account that got grey screen, the screen will still be grey, however, you can open the admin panel even with the gray screen and go back to map 1, the screen will render again.

Hope you understand what I mean.

> Discovered some things about it, like, if you create a new account and character, you get grey screen, however, if I make this character an admin at the admin panel, the screen renders.
>
> BUUUUUT… if you are and admin and go to an map different from 1 (map 2,3,4 and so on) you get that gray screen and a runtime error 28 saying ''out of stack spaces''. When we login again with the same account that got grey screen, the screen will still be grey, however, you can open the admin panel even with the gray screen and go back to map 1, the screen will render again.
>
> Hope you understand what I mean.

Very odd

What engine are you using? EO4?

Did they tried to delete the map data on the Data Files folder?

Some maps have been corrupted and getting stuck at "GettingMap" part in-source

Because they can access the Menu Window right? but once they login and enter the game they'll get grey screen.. am i right?

Xaden solved it!

Originally it was this :

> GettingMap = true

He changed to this :

> If NeedMap = 1 Then
>     GettingMap = True
>     Else
>     GettingMap = False
>     End If

Everything is good now! Thanks for the help guyz :)