Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Server help Client

Benn

Hi, I'm new.
>! That makes me a Newb (noob) I am having some IP problems; I want to make so that people can download, then just open the Client and play (after unzipping too) I can't seem to figure out how to get my game to go through Hamachi, and I don't understand this port forwarding,
>! 'cause I'm _special_
>! not a retard just special
The Idea of this _Thread_ is ways that the server to make it easier for the client.
Like later I'm going to ask how to make so you gain 2 exp ever level up (I bet this uses scripting), and how to fix the Speed/Special mix up problem (I bet this uses scripting too).
PS. I'm so happy I didn't post this in the totoreals section, I almost did.
PSS. Sorry about the font size, (It is trickyer then I thought)
PSSS. Don't look at the spoilers. :huh: ;)

@Benn:

> Hi, I'm new.
> >! That makes me a Newb (noob) I am having some IP problems; I want to make so that people can download, then just open the Client and play (after unzipping too) I can't seem to figure out how to get my game to go through Hamachi, and I don't understand this port forwarding,
> >! 'cause I'm _special_
> >! not a retard just special
> The Idea of this _Thread_ is ways that the server to make it easier for the client.
> Like later I'm going to ask how to make so you gain 2 exp ever level up (I bet this uses scripting), and how to fix the Speed/Special mix up problem (I bet this uses scripting too).
> PS. I'm so happy I didn't post this in the totoreals section, I almost did.
> PSS. Sorry about the font size, (It is trickyer then I thought)
> PSSS. Don't look at the spoilers. :huh: ;)

-Looks at spoilers- :P

Okay first off you do not want to use Hamachi. Hamachi just means your players have to download another program which tends to turn them off of playing your game. And in some cases(like mine) Hamachi can ruin your internet connection entirely. You need to port forward or have someone host the server for you.

Second, you do not want to send your client in a zip folder. That's just more work for the player that they really shouldn't have to do. Go [here](http://www.clickteam.com/website/usa/install-creator.html) and download the freeware version. It will compress the folder into an installer.

3rd, the latest version of Eclipse Stable has that whole speed/magic issue already sorted out if I'm not mistaken(and that bug had nothing to do with scripting it was a mix up in the source).

• 2 weeks later...
@Gohan:

> @Benn:
>
> > Hi, I'm new.
> > >! That makes me a Newb (noob) I am having some IP problems; I want to make so that people can download, then just open the Client and play (after unzipping too) I can't seem to figure out how to get my game to go through Hamachi, and I don't understand this port forwarding,
> > >! 'cause I'm _special_
> > >! not a retard just special
> > The Idea of this _Thread_ is ways that the server to make it easier for the client.
> > Like later I'm going to ask how to make so you gain 2 exp ever level up (I bet this uses scripting), and how to fix the Speed/Special mix up problem (I bet this uses scripting too).
> > PS. I'm so happy I didn't post this in the totoreals section, I almost did.
> > PSS. Sorry about the font size, (It is trickyer then I thought)
> > PSSS. Don't look at the spoilers. :huh: ;)
>
> -Looks at spoilers- :P
>
> Okay first off you do not want to use Hamachi. Hamachi just means your players have to download another program which tends to turn them off of playing your game. And in some cases(like mine) Hamachi can ruin your internet connection entirely. You need to port forward or have someone host the server for you.
>
> Second, you do not want to send your client in a zip folder. That's just more work for the player that they really shouldn't have to do. Go [here](http://www.clickteam.com/website/usa/install-creator.html) and download the freeware version. It will compress the folder into an installer.
>
> 3rd, the latest version of Eclipse Stable has that whole speed/magic issue already sorted out if I'm not mistaken(and that bug had nothing to do with scripting it was a mix up in the source).

Hey! I said Don't look at spoilers :angry:
>! Here is a random map I made.
![](http://i26.tinypic.com/4l1xn8.png)
Thanks but you really didn't really answer any of my Questions.  Thank you for the useful info and tips. the instill should come in handy. 
Now for some Newbish mapping Questions: How do you make the tile that you can only walk through if you step on another tile?
And how do you change the size of the map it self?

And if nothing else can someone please make a random commit?  ;)

@azerdeath:

> Nice mapping

Thank you for the complement.  Even for something that was in a Spoiler. 
To test out what i have so far here is this:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=51XKSRP4

I have more Questions, but I don't know…

>! ![](http://i40.tinypic.com/27y34mh.png)