Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2 questions on In game and Out game (but still related)

Radekil9

ok, question number one, Ive made my game and i got it up and running using Hamachi, (if you read my post on "i Need Help Port forwarding" you'd know why im using hamachi) How do i make my game downloadable? because right now i just use TeamViewer5 to put my game on my Mappers comp.

Question number 2\. I have 13 tile sets, all saved as BMP in my GFX folder, but in game only 10 show up…

Hope you can answer these questions!

To make your game downloadable you could use the free upload website. Here are a few
http://www.megaupload.com/
http://www.mediafire.com/

And as an answer on your 2nd question. The engine is only built to support a maximum of 11 tilesets (Tiles0 –> Tiles10). The only way to make it support more tilesets is to edit the source, But in my opinion, having 11 different tilesets is more then enough to create great maps.

Aramyth.

EDIT: Which version of Eclipse are you using?

Im using stable, and mediafire only uploads FILES not folders and you needa be a subscrber or somthing to use Media fire, also mega upload only uploads files. and umlike mediafire (I THINK!) it doesnt allow you to create folders, unless im wrong.

P.S

And with the tileset thing, i can easily change engines to somthingl ike origins, we havnt started making our game, just finished planning.

Also note, that you don't have to pack your files into a rar or zip file necessarily.. You could also make a simple installer of your folder, just like any other kind of game you would install on your PC. If I want people to be able to download my client, I simply create an installer package so that people only have to click and follow steps to install the game. This is a nice thing as not everyone has/knows .rar or .zip.

Aramyth.

I attached a little example installer to show you.