Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GUI and Source

alexdee67

Ok ive searched the forum and nothing has come up. I see posts that suggest to use the GUI tutorial to change around the GUI. I haven't found it. If anyone could help me out because I opened the Eclipse source and loaded my gui and moved everything around. I went up to run and everything looks fine. But when I actually click on my game its still in the old layout but has my background. Any suggestions. Thanks :)

What version are you using?
If you're using EE or ES, did you change the GUI? They use a (Invisible)label system, meaning that moving the invisible labels will change where you have to click, but won't change your GUI to match. Same with ES.
If you're using EO, it uses a visible label system, meaning it WOULD change where everything shows up.
If you want a similar system to EO in ES or EE, change your GUI (At least the menus you want to change) to JUST a background, and change the labels(Buttons) to visible, and change the caption to the button it is (e.g. Login)

Otherwise, if you want graphical buttons, I suggest you replace all labels with images or pictureboxes, naming them the exact same as what the labels were names, and making seperate images for each button. Or, you can move the labels and leave them invisible, and change button locations in the GUI image itself.

Hope that helps, if your confused on anything feel free to ask…Maybe post a screenshot with problems you might be having ;P
~Urame

What i understood from what he said is that he can run the game gui in vb6 but not from the exe which of caurse woudn't work because you have to compile the file in vb6 then click on the exe, to compile file go to file then make (i think been some time since i last opened vb6)

@goku1993:

> What I understood from what he said is that he can run the game gui in vb6 but not from the exe which of caurse woudn't work because you have to compile the file in vb6 then click on the exe, to compile file go to file then make (I think been some time since I last opened vb6)

Everything you said is correct, if that's what he was asking, which after re-reading, I think it is xD

~Urame