Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Spell Sounds? And a few spell questions

Olimar72

I'm having one heck of a time with sound effects for spells right now. I'm in Eclipse Origins 4.0 Silver right now.

1\. It seems that a spell will not play a sound at all unless it deals HP damage. I can't figure out a way to make a utility spell play a sound. Just wondering about this.

2\. I want to make a spell that just snares the target for a given time. Is there any way to do that? It seems like it will have to either heal or damage HP/MP no matter what.

3\. What do the map, direction, x, and y settings do in the spell editor?

> 1\. It seems that a spell will not play a sound at all unless it deals HP damage. I can't figure out a way to make a utility spell play a sound. Just wondering about this.
>
> 2\. I want to make a spell that just snares the target for a given time. Is there any way to do that? It seems like it will have to either heal or damage HP/MP no matter what.
>
> 3\. What do the map, direction, x, and y settings do in the spell editor?

1\. This is a bug that has existed in EO for some time now. Talk to JC about fixing it, it's fairly easy.

2\. My advice is to just have the spell Stun and try to set vital to 1 or 0

3\. This is here for 'Warp' spells 

Hope this helped :D

> 1\. This is a bug that has existed in EO for some time now. Talk to JC about fixing it, it's fairly easy.
>
> 2\. My advice is to just have the spell Stun and try to set vital to 1 or 0
>
> 3\. This is here for 'Warp' spells 
>
>  
>
> Hope this helped :D

Thanks! Who's JC though? I'm not up to date with the community. And will I need VB6 to fix?