Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Reloaded v2.5 (Security Updates Only)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, I appreciate the help

**New Release**
BTW, I'm planning on releasing a newer version within the next 24 hours what are some things that you would want to see so I can take the into consideration

I understand that people like playing with an xbox controller and all, but most if not all of this could be added on a whim if you bribed Robin with 8$(I think that's 5euros, not going to look).

The so called fail does not come from the fact that there's useless stuff in the kit, but there's nothing useful at all. Also the comment about screens is correct. I'm 75% blind, I'll look at pictures before I'll read a wall-o-text.

The es branch and the eo branch of eclipse became popular because they either addressed issues with the former iteration, or they redefined how hobby and indie developers could use a vb6 engine. If you want to get more 'Yay!'s' then 'boo's' you should consider trying what worked for them.

I ended up not finalizing almost everything but I did get a pretty Nifty feature add, Error Reporting
![](http://fused-creations.comyr.com/wallpaper/ErrReport.jpg)

How does it work?
1\. If a user has a problem/error they simply click "Report an Error" on either the main menu or the game window then they type their complaint & click "Send Error Report".

2\. The report is then numbered & saved in the "My Error Reports" directory Ex: "1.ini" the first time a report is written "reports.ini" is created to keep track of how many reports the user has filed

3\. Afterwards the report is sent to an ftp server in the form of an ini file which will be named with the user's name & the users report number Ex: "DTDMike_Report_1.ini"

4\. To configure the system to your FTP settings use "ErrReport Server Config.exe"

5\. ALWAYS remember to remove "ErrReport Server Config.exe" from the client when you distribute it so users dont have your FTP settings!

PLEASE let me know what you think about this new feature so I can continue to bring you further updates

you can download from the first post or [HERE!](http://www.4shared.com/file/98n8Tuzf/Eclipse30.html)

People* around here can barely port forward. I doubt they'd have access or know how to set up an ftp server. I suppose it's a nice idea, but more thought should have gone into it.

*This does not assume that everyone on the forum could not set up or obtain a ftp server; however, those that could would most likely not use this kit.

Well, for anyone who does want to give this a try and needs an FTP server for free goto http://www.000webhost.com/ you will get a free ftp server and website this is what I used for all of the testing.

I haven't had any problems and I've use this for over a year any way I think it would at least be safe for error reporting seeing as how all reports are also backed up in the "My Error Reports" folder any way

@Azure:

> I'll just leave this here…
>
> http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,65472.msg703284.html#msg703284

well, that might of just been a temporary lapse of computer AI judgement, like sometimes on facebook, it will suspend accounts because the security system makes a mistake

• 3 weeks later...
I've been away for awhile but recently I started messing with the  Eclipse Reloaded Source and I have discovered how to change the Keyboard Controls I am planing on Optimizing the controls by changing them around and adding All new controls
If any one has any Ideas for New Controls or New Configuration please leave them here

If you have any other Ideas or Request for a New Feature that you want to see in future releases of Eclipse Reloaded please leave details here

I want to create an Eclipse Build Catered to the needs of all the eclipse users so they will have everything they need to be successful, Please Help me accomplish this by giving me feedback and ideas

Edit:
Here's my current Keyboard Config:
Run = A
Attack = S
Health Potion = Q
Mana Potion = W

The rest are the same I'm working on the rotate button plus some brand new controls

I also fixed the problem with the chat bar having focus when you are playing now it only has focus when you click it (So you won't accidentally type a message)