• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Magma.NET

multigame

@Robin:

> @Pinkeye:
>
> > I haven't even started yet! When I first posted this thread, I thought Eclipse Origins.NET was releasing soon. I haven't planed to code it from scratch, since it'll be a waste of time.
>
> So you're adding two simple systems and trying to pass them off as a separate Eclipse release?

> I need idea's!

This and yes.

@Pinkeye:

> @Robin:
>
> > @Pinkeye:
> >
> > > I haven't even started yet! When I first posted this thread, I thought Eclipse Origins.NET was releasing soon. I haven't planed to code it from scratch, since it'll be a waste of time.
> >
> > So you're adding two simple systems and trying to pass them off as a separate Eclipse release?
>
> > I need idea's!
>
> This and yes.

You don't make sense.

@Pinkeye:

> #Lavos
> Here special made for you:
>
> This - I'm looking for ideas
>
> and - You probably know what this means
>
> Yes - A yes answer to this:
>
> > So you're adding two simple systems and trying to pass them off as a separate Eclipse release?

That is much more clear. Thx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
@Pinkeye:

> Yes I can start now, but since I'm not home right now I can't. I can start tomorrow.

Hello everyone.  First time poster, long time lurker.

I downloaded JC's source yesterday and loaded it into VS 2010 Express.  It converts to 2010 fine, but the newer version of .Net doesn't play nice with some versions of DirectX and the Sound player(s) can lock things up.  You have to disable the Exception Assistant in Debugging to let it run.  I haven't done anything with XNA yet, so for now, those bits of code are just commented out.  Also, the game loop wouldn't stop on the client when I went to exit; I've got the game loop to exit, but I don't know if it's a clean shutdown or not.  I just set the 'GameDestroyed' flag to True so the game loop stops on its own.  The client doesn't connect to the server on the localhost.  Not sure why.  I don't think it's a Windows Firewall issue since Eclipse Origins loads on my machine fine.

I would have posted in JC's thread, but it's locked, so here I am.  Pinkeye, if you're interested, I wouldn't mind collaborating.  I know bupkis about game programming, but I've been programming in VB for more years than I care to mention here.

@Mattt183:

> I would suggest putting this in questions, before you, nobody has posted on this topic since Dec 12 2010, which is a while.

Doh!  I have a very poor sense of time, which apparently includes actually reading dates.  If it's been over 3 months I guess I'll just continue on my own little path.  :-)

Eventually, I'd like to get the client to run in Silverlight, so that it can be hosted in a web page.  Seems like all the other features I would have added have already been worked on my everyone else.  :-)