• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I wrecked my car…

Celiru

@Anna

You sure hate motivational huh? xD

@Admiral

Tell me about it. I felt like I was going to die sometimes when in your car. Though the duck tape all over the bumpers and car wasn't reassuring. ![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/KyuuA4/Emoticons/LaughFox.gif)

@Funky Jammer

Duude! That sucks. I've never been in an accident when I was driving. But I have as a passenger a few times. So can't say what it's like. Glad you're alright though!

I don't think it's fair to blame ABS. In most circumstances slamming on the brake in a car without ABS will result in the wheels locking and then forcing the car into a slide. Which then would negate any control over the vehicle, and in the end increase the distance to come to a complete stop since you have no longer have traction. A rolling wheels slows faster than a locked wheel, especially on things like gravel, water, ice, ect. ABS can't be blamed for following to close or going to fast, all cars are different and as the operator it is our job to learn the limits of each car.

That being said, obviously it sucks to get in an accident even when you're at fault. Even when it ends with you having to compensate for another driver's in front of you mistake. Hope your insurance rate doesn't get jacked up and I hope you enjoy your new car.

@Edward:

> I don't think it's fair to blame ABS. In most circumstances slamming on the brake in a car without ABS will result in the wheels locking and then forcing the car into a slide. Which then would negate any control over the vehicle, and in the end increase the distance to come to a complete stop since you have no longer have traction. A rolling wheels slows faster than a locked wheel, especially on things like gravel, water, ice, ect. ABS can't be blamed for following to close or going to fast, all cars are different and as the operator it is our job to learn the limits of each car.
>
>   That being said, obviously it sucks to get in an accident even when you're at fault. Even when it ends with you having to compensate for another driver's in front of you mistake. Hope your insurance rate doesn't get jacked up and I hope you enjoy your new car.

You're right, I was not a fine surface. I was following to close and my breaks did what they thought was best by the force I had put onto them.

I do enjoy my new car, it is treating me well and I am okay.

Thanks.