Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can't zip my client file? (Eclipse Stable)

KDawg08

So here is the situation.

I am running a serverside on my computer until we get our maps and quests and stuff alotted. After that I'm going to purchase a server (many moons down the road) to host it on.

I'm using Eclipse Stable, in case it was a question to come.

I'm trying to find out 2 things… My client file is about 112MB size (DEFAULT) as it is the default/stock client folder. When I zip the folder to send to my website for members to download, it will not work. It zips into about 12MB, and people get errors saying some of the files in the data folder are missing like the zlib.dll or ocx or whatever... Is there a fix for this?

Also, Is there an open source version of stable around by chance?

@HunterXero:

> hmmm… have you tried WinRar ? idk much about this stuff but I think you should try it

Thanks for replying, I've tried winrar and Winzip. I'm gonna try 7-zip right now. If it works I'll update this thread but if not I'll just keep waiting for some help.

OH YEAH ANOTHER QUESTION, Mine randomly goes blank screen and i have to close it to see the game again (by reopening it) any idea what could cause this? I'm running Windows 7 x64bit but i've got all the files etc on here… ee 2.7 never did that to me, but stable does. That's why i want an open source copy if possible of the stable release.

i'd really love an open source copy of origins but open source copy of stable would be just as wonderful. Thanks in advance to anyone that can fix any of my issues.

(OH YEAH ANOTHER QUESTION, Mine randomly goes blank screen and I have to close it to see the game again (by reopening it) any idea what could cause this? I'm running Windows 7 x64bit but I've got all the files etc on here… ee 2.7 never did that to me, but stable does. That's why I want an open source copy if possible of the stable release.)

@KDawg08:

> So here is the situation.
>
> I am running a serverside on my computer until we get our maps and quests and stuff alotted. After that I'm going to purchase a server (many moons down the road) to host it on.
>
> I'm using Eclipse Stable, in case it was a question to come.
>
> I'm trying to find out 2 things… My client file is about 112MB size (DEFAULT) as it is the default/stock client folder. When I zip the folder to send to my website for members to download, it will not work. It zips into about 12MB, and people get errors saying some of the files in the data folder are missing like the zlib.dll or ocx or whatever... Is there a fix for this?
>
> Also, Is there an open source version of stable around by chance?

Solution #1: Have you tried winrar?

Solution #2: If other users is running on vista or win7 there is a redirection tutorial link that has been posted up by Robin in the download section on this [link](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,58345.0.html).
Also keep in mind that the user need to know if there running a 32bit or 64bit processor.

Solution # 3 I could be wrong, but maybe when you upload the files to you site, the files break during an upload. Try using 3rd party support like mediafire or filefront and link them up to your site.

1\. Yes I have, i even tried winzip (Full version) and 7-zip.

2\. We've done everything in the windows 7 thing, me and 3 others are running win 7 x64 so we've figured out the order and files we needed etc.

3\. the files break during ZIP/COMPRESSION. I know this because the folder goes from 112MB to 10-12MB total. there is no REAL way to compress it that much (100 mb removed during compression) with the music files and such in there.

Thanks for the reply and tips/suggestions. And the site i was uploading to is mediafire, I can post a link for you if you'd like. it's a DEFAULT/STOCK client file but it doesn't work.