Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Menu Poll

azure

I have two menu designs, they both need tweaking, but I only want to work on the one I'll use. So I'm taking polls to see which it more popular. I just want to know which you guys like better, no c&c or flaming. (prevention and such) If you'd like to, leave a post about which you liked and why. I'll take it into consideration.

Option One
![](http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr296/silverfoxkerii/blocks.png)

Option Two
![](http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr296/silverfoxkerii/bar.png)

Eh, hard for me to decide. On its own I think that option 2 looks more appealing. However, your mock up option 1 seems more functional having space between the buttons. I think it would matter as well where the bars are positioned. I feel that the solid bar would look better if it were in use at the bottom of the screen, while the way you have it now with option 1 at the top looks better for that style.

I'm not really sure which I like more, they both look good. I'm more in favour of the sleek option 2, however I don't think it would look as well in use.

@Microwave:

> Eh, hard for me to decide. On its own I think that option 2 looks more appealing. However, your mock up option 1 seems more functional having space between the buttons. I think it would matter as well where the bars are positioned. I feel that the solid bar would look better if it were in use at the bottom of the screen, while the way you have it now with option 1 at the top looks better for that style.
>
>   I'm not really sure which I like more, they both look good. I'm more in favour of the sleek option 2, however I don't think it would look as well in use.

Option two in it's current form is an edit of option one. In practice the only change is visual. There's actually the same amount of spacing between the 32x32 spaces the buttons take. Also if you look carefully I didn't even remove the divider spaces while doing the edit. =D I had planned to redo the more popular of them. So yeah the "space" between the buttons is an illusion.

@Azure:

> @Microwave:
>
> > Eh, hard for me to decide. On its own I think that option 2 looks more appealing. However, your mock up option 1 seems more functional having space between the buttons. I think it would matter as well where the bars are positioned. I feel that the solid bar would look better if it were in use at the bottom of the screen, while the way you have it now with option 1 at the top looks better for that style.
> >
> >   I'm not really sure which I like more, they both look good. I'm more in favour of the sleek option 2, however I don't think it would look as well in use.
>
> Option two in it's current form is an edit of option one. In practice the only change is visual. There's actually the same amount of spacing between the 32x32 spaces the buttons take. Also if you look carefully I didn't even remove the divider spaces while doing the edit. =D I had planned to redo the more popular of them. So yeah the "space" between the buttons is an illusion.

Yea, I know what you mean. Just that illusion of space just feels more functional. But I do prefer option 2\.

I have this same poll going on another forum and they suggested a nice divider line between the button spaces. I may go with that with the final. Also I don't think I clicked anything in the screen shot, but when you do you get a blue bullseye like the tile selector over the button. So that's an added effect to consider.