Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

VB6 and Origins's GUI

Exvayate

Am I doing this correctly? If not, please, do tell me what I am doing wrong.  ;D

So what I basically did, is just open up Eclipse Origins.vbp in VB6.

I opened the file frmMenu.frm in a window in VB6 and played around with it to change the original shape of Origins's GUI.

I then clicked 'Make Eclipse Origins.exe (Mainly to overwrite the old one.), and I get a compiling error.
[Please refer to the thumbnails attached]

(Personally I don't know if this is source editing it or not. I'm just trying to find ways on changing GUI's in VB6 by trial and error.)

Thanks for all the help!

@Absolute:

> I think it has something to do with deleting a button. Either that or expanding the size of the window.
> When you deleted the exit button, did you delete the code that came with it?

I didn't delete the 'Exit' button at all. It's still there, just all the way in the top right corner.

And I didn't delete anything whatsoever. I just simply moved around and changed shapes of whatever was on then frmMain.frm file shown in VB6.

Sorry, it's hard to see since all the windows are practically the same color.

@Absolute:

> Are you sure you didn't touch anything else?

Wellllll…  ;D
I tried doing Robin's fix on the directional block bug/error.

But I didn't know how to do it so I just stuck the code somewhere and it's just sitting there.

But I also tried creating the GUI using an untouched version of Origins as well. Except I got a compiling error involving the code strand 'Chat.txt'.

If you need pics I'll be more than glad to post some. As long as I can get this minor problem out of the way.  :renzo:

If you haven't noticed the size of the picscreen has changed. Change it back, because some how you managed to edit it. The picscreen is in FrmMainGame and its the actual screen where you see the game, it has nothing to do with FrmMenu.