Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need help on getting origins to work on ubuntu

kolmad

I never tried with wine.
What I do is use Virtualbox and run Windows XP as guest.

Anyway, the problem is probably you need the library files installed, not sure if you'll need other files. I don't know if Wine come with all the files that come with Windows that is required by Visual Basic 6.0.

So, here's something you can try :
-Use Virtualbox with Windows XP guest instead.
-Install Eclipse Origins Library Files Installers and Visual Basic 6.0 Runtimes Installer into Wine.

Sincerely,
Rithy

For Library Files, the forum changed so I couldn't find Robin's EO Library Files Installer but I found Soul's Signature :

> Have a runtime error?
> Try installing the Eclipse Library Installer 9.12.17.
>
> If that alone doesn't work, then you could try the accompanied tutorials as well, although written for ELI 2, they still apply for ELI 9.12.17 (ELI 3.0.0):
> Installing ELI on Windows XP and prior.
> Installing ELI on Windows Vista and later.
>
> If the error still persists, you can try using Eclipse Library Installer Slim.
> Finally, you can post in the Bugs and Run Time Errors or read the Bugs and Run Errors Guide.

As for Visual Basic 6.0 Runtimes Installer :
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290887
Or just google for it.

Sincerely,
Rithy

EDIT : I think Fabio's post included a script for Linux to install the VB6 Runtime so you should try that.

I have Ubuntu in my Virtualbox, I used Mac OSX and I have an iPhone. They're all part of Linux/Unix family. They just evolved and changed a lot.

Anyway, now I kinda get what you meant. You just show me a Home Directory. You said "Save Code" I don't get that part. Are you try to save a file to a certain directory?

Sincerely,
Rithy