Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Few Info.

Sido

First of all i wanna say hello to all, im new here, new with Game Development, and i have few asks.
Hope my questions will not be stupid or already asked.

so, im kinda familiar by now with this game, and i like it, but my question is, can i (and if i dont, how can i) make the character, after equip a respective item (weapon/armor) his look to change, for example if he equip a sword, the respective sword graphic will appear in his hand… (hope u understand what i want to say :D) 
and im not asking for help at design, (because i know that i will have to make every char design with the respective item)
just for the code part... (when X equip Y , Y appear in X :)) )

This is know as paperdolling, and its already built into the engine. To set it up you first need to add the sword graphic to the paperdoll folder in the client data files. Then when you create the item there is an option to pick a paperdoll. Pick the item you want, and when you equip it it will appear on the player.

The source code is included in the engine and you need Visual Basic 6 to edit it.
VB6 install guide - http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,68399.0.html

And heres a tutorial that might help
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,68399.0.html

> Step 1 - Getting it
> Right from the start I need to send you off to find stuff out yourself. It'll probably come back and bite me in the arse. You need a copy of Visual Basic 6.0 Enterprise or Visual Basic 6.0 Professional. If you know what you're doing you can also use Visual Basic 6.0 Portable. This, however, is an illegal re-pack and requires a bit of extra work to get running. I'll cover this as an optional step at the end.
>
> I don't care where you get it from as long as you don't act like an idiot. Googling "free vb6 download" is just going to get your computer infected, just like it would if you tried Googling for any free commercial software. **Torrent it**. Ask a friend for it. Pick it up at a boot sale. Anything. Don't Google for it and don't ask us to give it to you. Although I don't care telling you to download it I'm not going to sit here handing out links to everyone who asks.
>
> Personally I've got an 8 or 9 year old CD with it but I still frequently torrent it when I need to install it on a machine when I'm out of the house.

No i cant give you a link, its against the rules

I want to make a range type weapon (not spell).
can anyone help me ?

+ all my vbp file contain.

> VERSION 5.00
> Begin VB.Form Form1
>   Caption        =  "Form1"
>   ClientHeight    =  3195
>   ClientLeft      =  60
>   ClientTop      =  345
>   ClientWidth    =  4680
>   LinkTopic      =  "Form1"
>   ScaleHeight    =  3195
>   ScaleWidth      =  4680
>   StartUpPosition =  3  'Windows Default
> End
> Attribute VB_Name = "Form1"
> Attribute VB_GlobalNameSpace = False
> Attribute VB_Creatable = False
> Attribute VB_PredeclaredId = True
> Attribute VB_Exposed = False

so any idea how to change the controls keyboard ?

@Soul:

> You need Visual Basic to open it. Enterprise or Professional. Nothing else will work, period. And we won't give you a link because that's against the forum rules to post illegal content.

i found one on the internet, but now i dont know where to change those setings.

+ I want to make a range type weapon (not spell).
can anyone help me ?

@Soul:

> We aren't going to help you. Getting it off the Internet is illegal, and you're doing it wrong.

… whats wrong with u ? did u at least read what I need ?

I DONT WANT THE PROGRAM !!!  :mad:
BECAUSE I GOT THE PROGRAM LEGAL !!

I just want to know where in source of Eclipse platform, I can edit COMMANDS KEYBOARD (aka controls , aka  movement buttons and etc.... )

and I want to know how to make a bow......

@Sido:

> … whats wrong with u ? did u at least read what I need ?
>
> I DONT WANT THE PROGRAM !!!  :mad:
> BECAUSE I GOT THE PROGRAM LEGAL !!
>
> I just want to know where in source of Eclipse platform, I can edit COMMANDS KEYBOARD (aka controls , aka  movement buttons and etc.... )
>
> and I want to know how to make a bow......

You're not opening it with Visual Basic 6\. If you were it wouldn't display what your project file contains, just the actual project. You aren't actually opening Eclipse, you're just opening it as if you were using Notepad. Do a right click > open with… and select your Visual Basic 6 executable.