Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cannot connect to server

Medleyy

Hey people - I'm brand new to this, and would like to create an MMORPG. I bet you're all sick of us newbs posting that we cannot connect to the server, but please hear me out  :embarrassed:

I've attempted to portforward my router, but I looked on portforward.com and they don't have my version of the dreaded Orange LiveBox… It says on the network and sharing centre of my laptop that it's a LiveBox DF54\. I've searched each other version on portforward.com, but none of them match the screen I get up when I enter my IP address on the interwebs. I know how to get on to the portforwarding centre, though how to actually do it is beyond me. Thanks for any help :)

Ok for my router this is what it was supposed to look like: http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1452/portdi.jpg

You said you can access the router, right? If you can then look at the image and copy the TCP as 7001 and the UDP as 7001\. For name but anything you want. For IP address put your computers internal ip. To find it go to command prompt, type in ipconfig, and copy the IPv4 address. Now save the setting on your router and reboot it.

If you can't access the router the find the default gateway thats in the ipconfig and copy that into your browsers address bar.

I hope this helps!
Sincerly,
A fellow n00b ;P

Well, just to add to the crapheap that is Orange broadband, It's layed out rather confusingg! I've uploaded a screenshot here, does anyone know what to put in each part?

http://img815.imageshack.us/i/portforwards.png/

@Medleyy!:

> Triple post D:
> Now when I run the server it says 'Runtime error 10048' and that it's in use.

This error has nothing to do with that. In the future, please use the edit/modify button.

You get error 10048 because you are trying to run two servers. Go to the taskbar (bottom left corner), click the upside-down V arrow thingy, and then double click the server icon. Now you have your server up.

As for your screenshot:
Protocol: TCP
External Port Range: 7001 <-> 7001
Internal Port Range: 7001 <-> 7001

The wiki is for a different livebox and the portforwarder won't work. THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING :@

Now rebooted the darn thing and it still won't work. Can someone who has a Thomson LiveBox Mini DF54 make an idiots guide to portforwarding? It's possibly the most confusing thing the interwebs has ever known :l

@Medleyy!:

> The wiki is for a different livebox and the portforwarder won't work. THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING :@
>
> Now rebooted the darn thing and it still won't work. Can someone who has a Thomson LiveBox Mini DF54 make an idiots guide to portforwarding? It's possibly the most confusing thing the interwebs has ever known :l

Similar models are nearly the same. Just follow the guide there.

hm… im looking at your first image... under protocal it looks like there is a drop down menu... under it it should say tcp, udp, and both. If there is a both, select it. For external do 7001 <-> 7001 and for internal port do 7001\. I think that might work....

I'm wondering if it isn't the portforwarding? When I open the server, is there something I have to do that will allow the client to connect? Anything else it could be?

Here's a screenshot of the services page and the UnPnP page as well.

http://img710.imageshack.us/i/netgear2.png/